General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:37 PM
black dyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they are a frend and a biker i am ok with it .but if they are a frend and not a biker stay off it before it falls over because you didnt set the kickstand or something.if they dont ride stay the $$$$$$$ off it

Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Eyes of Texas
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems to be split 50/50 between regular folks and **** retentive ******** in here. Who cares if a friend sits on your bike. The people getting upset are some pretty ****ty friends. Bikes are made to be sat on. Who cares. If a friend sitting on your bike ****s it up then your bike is the problem.

now a stranger is a different story - their intentions are unknown.

The people saying, "sitting on my bike is like touching my woman" are delusional wannabe macho ********.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Jlister
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never ridden a motorcycle before and was always to afraid to sit on someone elses bike incase of dropping it. the most i will do is put my hand on the throttle(not twisting it) and just feeling the buttons and tank seat etc.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:52 PM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jlister
never ridden a motorcycle before and was always to afraid to sit on someone elses bike incase of dropping it. the most i will do is put my hand on the throttle(not twisting it) and just feeling the buttons and tank seat etc.

So you go around caressing people's bikes? That is a rather strange perversion.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Depends on what she looks like!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:59 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts
Wink

Today, 01:41 AM
Eyes of Texas
Hang Around Join Date: Mar 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to be split 50/50 between regular folks and **** retentive ******** in here. Who cares if a friend sits on your bike. The people getting upset are some pretty ****ty friends. Bikes are made to be sat on. Who cares. If a friend sitting on your bike ****s it up then your bike is the problem.

now a stranger is a different story - their intentions are unknown.

The people saying, "sitting on my bike is like touching my woman" are delusional wannabe macho ********.

So which one of your"friends" is doing your ole lady??

Last edited by nytryder; 05-20-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:17 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Savagehenry
To some people their bike is transportation- or a toy, like a jet ski or a snowmobile.

To others it's more like a cherry 1969 Chevelle SS 396.

This is why you get two different opinions on the matter.
So what you are saying is real bikers wouldn't mind but poseurs get upset?

Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 PM
deepspace
Banned

Originally Posted by Jlister
That's kind of creepy.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Smile

Absolute no-no in my book. I don't touch other peoples Harleys including my friends and I expect the same respect from them. Call it **** retentive or what ever you like, that's just the way I see it. What do you say when someone drags a boot across your painted saddle bag ???? the damage is done at that point. To each there own on how they treat or think about this subject, because it is there bike, there hard earned money, and they should be able to take care of there Harley in the way that works best for them.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Attached Thumbnails Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!-harley-pics-all-done-019.jpg   Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!-harley-pics-all-done-017.jpg  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:53 PM
onthelo
Road Master

i hate this too I had a friend sit on my bike and caress the tank while we were stopped on ride and I was like holy wtf its not a chicks *** and than when i got home I noticed very fine scratches in stretches where he rubbed the tank what a doush likely it waxed out with some products Imean the paint is only one month old what are guys thinking sometimes now I don't even want to ride with him again..lol

Quick Reply: Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!