General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is just a bike, what so big deal. There are more other things need to worry. May be you should drop your bike couple times, then you can relax and enjoy your bike more.

Don't be a slave of your bike.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My best friend sat on my '72 EG without asking, no bigee, it's not like he was going to try to ride it. As he dismounted, he drugg his foot across my saddle bag, putting a large scratch on it. He did't realize he did it, I did'nt say anything but it did upset me, but I vaued our friendship too much mention it. He was a former Marine, was on Iwo in WWII. RIP Bob, Semper Fi.

Last edited by streeteagle; 05-19-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
pepperoniPITA
Banned

If my standards are so low that I have 'friends' who don't respect property that's not theirs, then I deserve to have anyone and anyone crawl all over my **** and let 'em do whatever damage they want.

I can always find other 'friends' if the ones I have now suddenly get STUPID and sit on my bike without even asking first...that includes any brats they might have around at the time too. Their brat touches my ****, they're too lame to be my 'friends' because it's too hard for 'em to teach their brats about respect for other persons' properties.

Oh, and you people who are sayin' 'oh, it's nothing, what's the big deal' or 'so what, you got insurance' ad nausea...that insurance costs money and when you report something *STUPID* like letting a 'friend' get on the bike without asking and that 'friend' dropped it, insurance rates tend to go up for *YOUR* stupidity.

Like a few others have said...it's all about respect, plain and simple. If your 'friends' have none, they aren't worth being friends with.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:38 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have told a couple of my frinds go ahead and sit on it, they all say no thank you. Most of them ride and the ones that don't I guess know better. I understand it is more of the respect of asking not just jumping on your scooter. Good luck

Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

Originally Posted by pepperoniPITA
If my standards are so low that I have 'friends' who don't respect property that's not theirs, then I deserve to have anyone and anyone crawl all over my **** and let 'em do whatever damage they want.

I can always find other 'friends' if the ones I have now suddenly get STUPID and sit on my bike without even asking first...that includes any brats they might have around at the time too. Their brat touches my ****, they're too lame to be my 'friends' because it's too hard for 'em to teach their brats about respect for other persons' properties.

Oh, and you people who are sayin' 'oh, it's nothing, what's the big deal' or 'so what, you got insurance' ad nausea...that insurance costs money and when you report something *STUPID* like letting a 'friend' get on the bike without asking and that 'friend' dropped it, insurance rates tend to go up for *YOUR* stupidity.

Like a few others have said...it's all about respect, plain and simple. If your 'friends' have none, they aren't worth being friends with.
All the way up to 2 posts and I have to say +1. Can't believe how many are saying gee, no big deal - for what I would consider an intrusion of my private property. Friend or family, it's out of line to assume climbing aboard is ok without asking. A bicycle is "just a bike" but my Harley is a fairly expensive motor vehicle requiring licensing, registration and insurance - and while it a helluv a lot of fun, it ain't no toy.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:20 AM
mkbrower
Cruiser

I believed if I "loved" a bike so much that it would upset me if a friend sat on it, I would just leave it in the garage. The elements and just riding in general has done more damage to my bikes than any of my friends has. I only have a few good friends and they already know my personality and how I feel about my bike. People I work with or know but have no social contact outside of work I call aquaintances. I have no problem with friends or family checking out the feel of my bike with or without permission. I grew up sharing things among family members and that may be the reason for my way of thinking.

Mark

Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 AM
spikeofwoolsey
Cruiser

Just explain, you dont sit on a bike without permission first. Just like you dont board a boat without permission. You dont mount a horse without permission. You dont enter a house without permission...........Next time just walk into their house/office/car/put on jacket and they can figure it out.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:04 AM
kccustom
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am new to the forum and having a bike, I have found that 99% of the people I know don't even touch it the other ask. I think I would say something if they didn't ask like "get the f*** of my bike before I bust your a**".

Sure I have insurance but that is for me, hell make a payment and sit on it all you want

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My pet peeve is if someone does sit on my bike and they flop thier hands all over my tank. It just urks me. but I only had 2 people hop on my bike. one was a neighborhood kid. (he's the reason I cover my bike at all times)

Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I just pull the key out of my pocket and dangle it in front of them. Puts a big grin on their face every time. Why ruin their few moments of fantasy.

Quick Reply: Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!