General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:12 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have insurance don't you? If something happened, it would be covered.

In all my years of riding I have to say no one has ever just jumped on my bike, not a friend, family member or anyone else.

But if one of them did, it's fine. It's not like they are riding it. And like I said, if for some reason they damae it, it's insured. And like some others have said, it's just a bike, a material object that can be fixed or replaced. Friends and family can't.

But if it bothered me as much as it seems to bother you, I'd just yell at them and say "keep the f--k off my bike". Once you yell a few times, the word will get around.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't drink from my beer! Don't wrap your arm around me and call me Bro (unless you are)! Don't bum smokes from me (support your own damn habit)! Don't pat my wife on the a$$! And damn sure don't get on my bike w/o gettin permission. I HATE assuming people!! But that's just me. Geez

Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is all about respect and apparantly there are alot out there that don't have it. I would only consider throwing a leg over the bike of one or two people. And if I did I would fire it up and ride it. And the same goes for them. The rest had better ask first, doesn't matter about insurance or not, unless it is whether your life insurance is paid up. It ain't about anything but respect and to sit someones ride without asking ain't it

Old 05-19-2009, 06:33 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

I always ask to sit on someone elses bike. No big deal, just ask.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 PM
crash1292
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who the f cares..if they are your friend and know how to ride then f it...dont like it leave a fake dog turd on the seat

Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

How about telling them a 'white' lie? It'll get you through an awkward moment, diplomatically get your point across and make a statement (that if they have any brains) ought to make them think about doing it again:

Something like...."you being my friend (or family)...I'm okay with you sitting on my bike without asking....but because we are friends (or family) I guess I ought to warn you that you shouldn't sit on anyones bike without asking them first...most men would consider it an insult just like grabbing their wives ***....so just be careful next time, my friend".

Old 05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezer2
Don't drink from my beer! Don't wrap your arm around me and call me Bro (unless you are)! Don't bum smokes from me (support your own damn habit)! Don't pat my wife on the a$$! And damn sure don't get on my bike w/o gettin permission. I HATE assuming people!! But that's just me. Geez
+1.....exactly.

Originally Posted by frankjake
You have insurance don't you? If something happened, it would be covered.
Hogwash. First off, with every insurance claim comes a deductable. Secondly, if someone messes up your bike and pays up, be prepared to wait a significant amount of time to get it back the way it was due to someone elses stupidity. I speak from experience. Some dipwad backed into my scoot and I am now waiting 2 to 4 months for a new fender.

As far as my friends and family, they know better. No one has sat on my scoot without permission.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
How about telling them a 'white' lie? It'll get you through an awkward moment, diplomatically get your point across and make a statement (that if they have any brains) ought to make them think about doing it again:

Something like...."you being my friend (or family)...I'm okay with you sitting on my bike without asking....but because we are friends (or family) I guess I ought to warn you that you shouldn't sit on anyones bike without asking them first...most men would consider it an insult just like grabbing their wives ***....so just be careful next time, my friend".
Good point,

Mimo.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:13 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do tell them a little lie like that every now and then, I always tell them if it were someone elses bike and not mine, they would have gotten a fist full, and they seem to understand after i say that to them, but like i said it just bothers me to a point where respect is an issue of mine thats all, not like im going to lose sleep over it just a little rant i guess...Still i like reading what everyone else would do or has done

Old 05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,813 Likes on 2,546 Posts

+1 with travroc, WHY should the owner pay out of pocket to replace parts that got broken because dip wad didn't have the respect of said property. Insurance has deductibles and it's out of your pocket, sure you can ask for retribution but I'm sure some personal friendship will be lost, been there, lost some money and what I thought was a friend.

Quick Reply: Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!