General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:28 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My definition of a friend is someone willing to donate you a kidney. If they will not donate you a kidney--they aren't friends --they are just acquaintances and I have lots of acquaintances but only a few friends. To have a friend you have to be a friend. Friends would ask to sit on my bike and acquaintances would only make that mistake once.
Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
+100. Great post. Anyone that values their bike over their friends probably doesn't have many "real" friends.

Last edited by oldairboater; 05-26-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Hammer107
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Threads like these are a double edged sword....on the one hand they make me feel really really smart but at the same time it's depressing how stupid some people can be.

Ying and Yang I guess.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer107
Threads like these are a double edged sword....on the one hand they make me feel really really smart but at the same time it's depressing how stupid some people can be.

Ying and Yang I guess.
Some people just don't roll the way you do. It's all good.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 PM
ionate
Road Captain

I almost spit up my tea when I read "friends are more valuable". Screw the "friend" aspect of it. My life-long, dirt bike riding buddy would even politely ask me first before just getting on it. Although I have had the same thing happen to me (no permission or asking, just sitting on your bike)... 3 times now on my 08 Super Glide. It's usually by the people who just do not have respect for other people's stuff... and/or realize how much it costs! A guy at work sat on my bike one time, my father-in-law sat on my bike another time in the garage when I wasn't there, and then a friend sat on my bike - right in front of me, cigarette in hand. Being a friend, he didn't care when I told him to get the hell off of my bike - mainly because the alarm was going off!

Last edited by ionate; 05-25-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-26-2009, 07:37 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill G
You treat the 05 Road Glide aka "the GOLDEN TURD" the way you want to, let who ever you like sit on it, let your friends or who ever sit on "the GOLDEN TURD" all they want to. As for the rest of us that do not want people to sit on our bikes for what ever reason we will continue to go out of our way to keep people off our Harleys and yes it is important to a lot of us....Not as important as my Saviour Jesus, God, nor my family and your a dumb *#!* for even suggesting such a thing to anyone. who the heck are you to determine the degree of importance of anyones bike to them and say but geeze louise..... it's just a freakin bike. I have $30 K in my bike and I do not need other dumb *#!*# messing it up...

Ride safe,
Bill G
As I said... ALL of my friends ride..... and NOT one of my FRIENDS would sit, or touch MY bike.... nor anyone else's bike, without asking first.

I may be a dumb #!* in your highly regarded opinion for suggesting there are people who place THEIR bike above all... but I'm not the one getting my ***** in an uproar..... I'm suggesting a bike... ANY bike is a material object.... Read a few of the replies.... there are other threads, regarding "FRIENDS" touching bikes.... and there have been many replies suggesting just THAT.....

The world's split 50/50 I'm glad you "protect" your bike.... enjoy it.....Me.... it's a motorcycle....I'll ride this bike until the "value" is nil......150,000-250,000 miles, and when I trade it in..... I'll take the low "wholesale" price, and smile.

I'll smile because I rode my bike across as much of the globe as I could, and shared miles and times with my friends.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by skootchnc
As I said... ALL of my friends ride..... and NOT one of my FRIENDS would sit, or touch MY bike.... nor anyone else's bike, without asking first.

I may be a dumb #!* in your highly regarded opinion for suggesting there are people who place THEIR bike above all... but I'm not the one getting my ***** in an uproar..... I'm suggesting a bike... ANY bike is a material object.... Read a few of the replies.... there are other threads, regarding "FRIENDS" touching bikes.... and there have been many replies suggesting just THAT.....

The world's split 50/50 I'm glad you "protect" your bike.... enjoy it.....Me.... it's a motorcycle....I'll ride this bike until the "value" is nil......150,000-250,000 miles, and when I trade it in..... I'll take the low "wholesale" price, and smile.

I'll smile because I rode my bike across as much of the globe as I could, and shared miles and times with my friends.
I got your point the first time, no need to say it again. I know guys just like you and the way you think and that is perfectly fine with me. You missed my point, let me clarify, which was you do not have the right to say a guys bike is more important to him than God or his family just because it does not fit your value system for taking care of things. For that specific reason is why I called you a Dumb #*!* and nothing else. The rest of the points you made were fine based on your value system as far as I am concerned. Yes it's just a bike and we ride them till the value is gone. The difference is some of us choose to keep people like you that look at things like it's just a bike away from our equipment so it has a little more value and still looks nice at the end. Also we enjoy riding all over the country with friends just like you belive it or not...

Ride Safe,

Bill G

Attached Thumbnails Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!-harley-pics-all-done-019.jpg  

Last edited by Bill G; 05-26-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Left something out, & spelling
Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friends respect me enough to NOT sit on my bike without an invitation from me.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
MrK
Stage III

My Wife jumped on after I got home the one and only time...she has a burn scar on her leg...now she hates my RKC 08

My Grandpa who is 86 jumped on my bike, burnt his leg too (pipes are hot on right side)...now he wants to buy one.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM
NFFN
Banned

As long as they are being respectful,

Old 05-28-2009, 12:04 AM
LVTRYD
6th Gear
Default Its about respect

I believe it boils down to respect. Sitting on your bike without permission is like petting a strangers dog without asking if it's alright first. Your liable to get bit and learn a little respect!

Attached Thumbnails Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!-bike-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!