General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could some Harley Dealers be next?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Could some Harley Dealers be next?

All the hoopla about Chrysler and Chev doing away with approx 1900 dealers on the news makes me wonder. I always assumed, a branded auto dealership had to pay something similar to a franchise fee to be a dealer, so how could the auto company just come along and say you won't be getting any more cars and will no longer be a "brand X" car dealer. Maybe they are compensating them in some way, maybe not. So, with Harley reducing production, could the same thing happen to some Harley dealers?

Last edited by Deepsouth251; 05-16-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:29 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's possible, especially with the whack jobs who post here wondering when Harley will get with it and produce something like jap crap or german dreck. H-D is what it is and the ******* can ride their foreign sheiss and make snide remarks about us neanderthals while secretly wishing they had one.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:48 AM
The Architect
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only if Obama gets involved.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:52 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC
It's possible, especially with the whack jobs who post here wondering when Harley will get with it and produce something like jap crap or german dreck. H-D is what it is and the ******* can ride their foreign sheiss and make snide remarks about us neanderthals while secretly wishing they had one.
Most people that ride a foreign bike don't "secretly" wish they had a HD! If they did, they would go buy one.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:01 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Most people that ride a foreign bike don't "secretly" wish they had a HD! If they did, they would go buy one.
No they wouldn't....They are afraid of admitting they are wrong so they stick with their Miserable plastic look alike models and pretend to be happy but deep down they are very sad.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
The Architect
Banned

Originally Posted by mcrider1
You sir, are completely correct but you can not tell a brainwashed individual this.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Originally Posted by The Architect
You sir, are completely correct but you can not tell a brainwashed individual this.
Face the truth, most, MOST, (as in not all) people who ride metrics do so either because they want to be on a crotch rocket or can't afford a Harley. I know some people who ride metric cruisers and almost to the man would swap it for a Harley for the price of the metric if they could get it for that price.

Last edited by Deepsouth251; 05-16-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:31 PM
The Architect
Banned

Yeah, I am sure that old guys riding around on his Goldwing, which aren't exactly cheap by the way, is just dying to go out and purchase a Harley.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:38 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am a recent convert, not quite 50, and $$$$ was my deturant for years (allthough I gave my buddies with HD some pretty good excuses).
I could have bought 2 Jap bikes for my HD, but, 1 test ride was all it took............It was all about the goose bumps.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Originally Posted by The Architect
Yeah, I am sure that old guys riding around on his Goldwing, which aren't exactly cheap by the way, is just dying to go out and purchase a Harley.
I just love how you can act like you read my post but apparently missed some of it. I plainly stated some, not all, the exception is the Goldwing. The point is most metric "CRUISER" riders still wish they were on a Harley instead of a "STARTER" bike.

Quick Reply: Could some Harley Dealers be next?