General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaky DNA wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:01 PM
jcoers
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leaky DNA wheels

I've read several posts here saying that DNA wheels are good quality so I went ahead and shelled out the bucks to get a set. I ordered the Mammoth 52 spoke wheels with the rims and spokes powder coated black. The wheels finally arrived today and look incredible. I couldn't wait to get them onto the bike so I mounted the rear tire.

I wrestled the tire onto the wheel and upon airing up, I heard a terrible sound. I got out my spray bottle, and sure enough, the wheels leak air around the nipples. These were supposed to be tubeless wheels. I'm a little miffed!

I called DNA and they offered to replace the wheels. The problem is, it took over 3 weeks to get the wheels in and my current tires have no tread left - I mean NONE. Since that is the case, DNA offered to pay for tubes.

I really wanted to go tubeless, but I guess I will go ahead and run tubes since I don't think I could really ever feel comfortable tubeless with these wheels. Also, I don't want to wait another 3 weeks to be able to ride.

The DNA salesperson said that it had something to do with oil getting into the sealing process.

Anyway, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I love the look of the wheels and I can't wait to get them mounted, but be aware if you buy a set, you may wind up with tubes in the end.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 AM
socalrk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dna

I love my DNA mammoth spokes and havent had any problems with them. HOWEVER, DNA is a PAIN to deal with ( and im a authorized DNA dealer) and NEVER EVER belive anything they tell ya. I prefer not to do business with them just because the sales reps are such a pain, Their customer service sucks.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:20 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm glad I went with Black Bike Wheels.