General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hopefully helped keep a fellow biker on the road

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hopefully helped keep a fellow biker on the road

I'm not bragging about my job as an EMS helicopter pilot as I don't save lives, I just fly people where they need to go, but it still feels good to have been a part of a good thing. We transported a guy today who broadsided a car today on his bike. My paramedic told me later today that if he had arrived at the hospital 30 minutes later, he probably wouldn't have made it due to internal injuries and bleeding. Hopefully he'll recover completely, get back up on the horse and keep on going.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your service and great looking out! There is a family that's saying a special prayer for you tonight.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:02 PM
bnelele
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lonewatie: I used your services a month ago. Not you personally a company called phi out of phoenix. Bill was 18k for a 30 min flight. Thing is I am a 62 year old male with no insurance and on social security 1193.00 a month. Haven't contacted them yet as I am talking to a lawyer first, but do you know if there is anything I might do or say that might get me some help with this bill. With the hospital bill of 75k I just don't have the means or ability to pay. Trying not to end up homeless in my retirement. Also was a private pilot for 40 years so I know how you must love you job. congratulations

Old 05-12-2009, 11:57 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

All I have to say about this , is that the coast guard and whoever save people from the seas and mountains and bum fuxx egypt and never pay a penny. Gov pays for it. Maybe contact you represenative or senator to see what can be done.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Good work lonewatie.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:19 AM
jd533
Road Captain

A flight nurse is not as effective without the flight part. You DID save a life today.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:22 AM
jd533
Road Captain

bob, I actually know someone who works for PHI in Pheonix. I will try to call them at home wed. and see if they have something for no insurance.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:02 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Without someone like you, my oldest son would either be a vegetable, or dead.
THANX !!!!!!!!!
He was involved in a broadside car accident, in rural SoDak, in '96. Because of some Divine Intervention, a series of events unfolded, and he was removed from the car, airlifted over 80 miles, and in the ICU in unbelieveable time.
When I got to Sioux Falls, they kept taking him in for scans. I thought something was really going to H*LL in front of my eyes. Turns out, they (Drs and medical personnel) were trying to figure out how come his brain WAS NOT swelling. Turns out, he got there so fast, and they administered whatever it is they give to counteract the swelling, so soon, that it actually prevented the swelling.
On the anniversary of his discharge from the hospital, I took him back to the hospital, to say THANX to all the Drs, nurses, therapists, etc. And you can DAMMT well believe, we went up to the rooftop, THANKED the helo crew, and he got to sit in the helo, WITH the pilot, that flew him.

He is now married, has pretty decent job at a local furniture store in Madison,SD. Still suffers from short term memory probs, but THANX to a Viet vet helicopter pilot out home, he is still amongst us, and for that SIR, I am Eternally Grateful.

We live 6 miles from Mora. The hospital is right on the intersection of the 2 highways, and the helo pad, is located in the front parking lot. If I am in town, and one comes in to transport, you can find me at the end of the parking lot, sayin' THANX under my breath.

TRUST ME, what ya did, means one H*LLUVA lot, to someone out there.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 AM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm an air traffic controller and work numerous Life Flight helicopters on a daily basis. Just wanted to say you guys are always professional, appreciated, and a pleasure to provide service to. Keep up the good work!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to thank you for flight helicopters. Here in Maryland they are trying to do less flights because they keep crashing helicopters in this state.

Quick Reply: Hopefully helped keep a fellow biker on the road