General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

communication device

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:42 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by softail04
ok I'm tired of my wife shouting in my ear and then saying what you didn't hear me. what are you guys and gays using, what is the best , what is the price of the one you have and is it any good ?? anybody got one for sale reasonable (cheap) oh ya she wears a full faace me what ever I have handy but am considering a 3/4 style

Try rocking these. Many have and the company rep is solid. Great customer service:

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=29

http://www.jmcorp.com/Static/jmcb-2003.htm

Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Border Cop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the scala rider q2s, they work great for bike to bike comms. Me and my brother-n-law took a road trip through New Mexico and Arizona last year, and had good comms the whole way. The Q2 to Q2 gave us up to a half mile range. The scala buddy system is good for rider to passenger comms as the range is much much shorter.

P.S. the newest Q2s come in an upgraded box that lets you connect an MP3 source.
paid 170 for mine.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride my own, usually behind my husband - And he still had this put on the back of his bike. I don't think we will be getting any communication gear anytime soon!!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
Smack her on the a$$ and tell her to shut up! Works good in bed too!
Not for every woman. Some like it and tell you so.

Back on topic: Wife wants to talk to me, she taps right shoulder or leg and I turn head just a little and she talks. To talk to her, I tap right leg, turn head just a little and talk to her. Never had a problem unless we don't let the other one know we're wanting to say something.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
Smack her on the a$$ and tell her to shut up! Works good in bed too!
YA....What he said.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Unome
Back on topic: Wife wants to talk to me, she taps right shoulder or leg and I turn head just a little and she talks. To talk to her, I tap right leg, turn head just a little and talk to her. Never had a problem unless we don't let the other one know we're wanting to say something.
My wife & I have a similar system. We both wear FF helmets... pretty much only talk when stopped at a light or something. I turn my head to let her know I want to say something, she leans towards me, but leaves her face shield close - I say what I want to say, then she yells "WHAT?", as she is flipping open her face shield - then I say it again, and she hears me.

I keep thinking that when I turn my head to talk, she might figure out to flip open her face shield first, but...

Old 05-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
I turn my head to let her know I want to say something, she leans towards me, but leaves her face shield closed - I say what I want to say, then she yells "WHAT?", as she is flipping open her face shield - then I say it again, and she hears me.

I keep thinking that when I turn my head to talk, she might figure out to flip open her face shield first, but...
I think our wives are related...

Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DH and I communicate with hands! I have a good hand signal for "I have to pee and if you don't pull over soon I will kill you"!!! (behind a bush is included!!)

Old 05-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and I ride seperate and just bought the JMCB 2003 for her heritage softail. I ride my Ultra. Tested 2 mile apart and works fine. We don't talk alot but we find a channel no one is on and enjoy our ride. When we rode rode together we used the intercom that came with the Ultra. If you are going to ride two up and do a lot of riding together, consider an Ultra next time you buy a bike. The little things cost a lot when you buy then seperate. By the time we got finished with the new helmets and the JMCB 2003 and all about $1800.00. Always something to spend money on.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:14 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
I think our wives are related...
WHAT?

(Flips face shield open)

Quick Reply: communication device