General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

had a parking ticket on your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:28 AM
reefteach
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had a parking ticket on your bike?

Just wondering if anyone has ever received a parking ticket on their bike. I'm planning on chaining my bike to posts/signs on a big trip. Ever been dinged? Also, I am sure we have all used the yellow stripped "half space" in parking lots near the building.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:32 AM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: had a parking ticket on your bike?

Oh, ya been there. The parking ****'s got me while parked by my office. No big deal really. Just another five bucks shot.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:33 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Down in Daytona, parked nest to a bunch of bikes, went into the convention center and came out with a $30 parking ticket[:@] There were no,"No parking" signs and it was friggin bike week........bikes everyplace??[:@]

Old 05-10-2006, 01:33 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I always use that 1/2 space when there is one......never been ticketed.....but a parking ticket is cheaper than a ding on the bike.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:34 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Down in Daytona, parked nest to a bunch of bikes, went into the convention center and came out with a $30 parking ticket[:@] There were no,"No parking" signs and it was friggin bike week........bikes everyplace??[:@]
They probably didn't like the ape hangers on your bike

Old 05-10-2006, 01:36 AM
fatguyona1000
Road Captain

Hell, I parked in the stripes at the mall one time and it was right next to a Handicap (atleast that's what I figured was the reason) because my ticket was $250-$500.

I had a friend that was able to get it dismissed for me though so I don't know which it was.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:38 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I did not have the apes on yet.....about 10 bikes got the same ticket, they probable have all new roads there now[:@]
ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

They probably didn't like the ape hangers on your bike

Old 05-10-2006, 01:43 AM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya wanna laff...I know EXACTLY where they did that....we pulled up to the side of the center - all I wanted to do was get my HOG pin...the **** was writing tkts to all the bikes parked there...told me I had 5 minutes and if the bike wasn't moved in 5, he'd write me up. My brother waited by the bikes while I ran in to get the pin....when the guy got ready to write me a ticket, my bro pulled the bike out, then backed it back in. Started the clock for another 5 min. The guy was PISSED...but I got my pin without the tkt...the other 50+ bikes lined up all had the little orange envelopes by the time I got back. Funny sh*t.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:43 AM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

I always use that 1/2 space when there is one......never been ticketed.....but a parking ticket is cheaper than a ding on the bike.
Every time, and I don't think twice about doing it.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Lpye
Road Captain

Depending on where you are. Bike rallies will get you popped quicker than any other time. I usually use a power pole if I am going to chain my bike or trailer (Trailer I pull behind the bike) to. Big Cities and resort areas seem to be the worst. I travel cross country quite often and that has been my findings.

Quick Reply: had a parking ticket on your bike?