General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

had a parking ticket on your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: had a parking ticket on your bike?

New Hope Pennsylvania is the bike parking ticket capital of the US.
HEHEHEHE - Man you said brother! In fact I usally just walk up to first to the first writer I see and ask for mine so I can make sure it is on the bike secure - I treat them like parking passes Everywhere else I go I park wherever looks "reasonable" and never get hassled

Old 05-10-2006, 01:41 PM
sedbiker62
Road Captain

I think my mug is on a poster in the post office for the 10 most wanted parking violators. I look for a safe spot to park the bike, if it happens to be a no parking zone....so what. As long as I'm outta town the ticket just becomes memorabilia in the scrape book. The closest city to me is Louisville Ky, so I am a little more careful there. Anywhere else is fair game.
BTW, I thought the yellow striped areas where for motorcycles!?!?[sm=confused06.gif]

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-10-2006, 02:02 PM
thunderbirdblue2
Tourer

I was downtown Washington, DC... I looked carefully at the sign... It said "No standing between 4-6PM"... So I parked there... came back with a whopping ticket... No standing in DC means no stopping or parking... They have since changed the signs to say, "No parking or standing"...

When Mayor Cocaine er I mean Mayor Berry was in his early part of his administration his folks modified a contract... The city owed someithing like $1 mil to a contractor... They agreed to let the contractor have ALL parking garage owenership until the year 2000... The contractor built several parking garages... but parking was extremely limited... The contractor made bookoo millions in profit and the city made more in parking tickets... A few new garages are going up now.... but parking is still VERY limited...

BTW... don't plan on finding parking spaces around city hall to pay for your ticket... The cops are all parking illegally and NOT getting any tickets... Cops can park like they want to and not worry... All they have to do is display a cardboard sign that says that they are with the Police department...

Old 05-10-2006, 02:08 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome neck cover to cover part of the VIN and new plates you'll never get a ticket.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am getting closer and closer to parking on the friken sidewalks in my town. I never see any cops ticketing anyone for parking violations and I have parked in some weird places before.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In SF, if you park on the sidewalk, you also get one of those impossible to remove paper stickers slapped on your paint. It explains the new law that went into affect 5-05 prohibiting parking on sidewalks. That is in addition to the $75 ticket.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:22 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I got a 50$ ticket for parking in a legitmate unregulated zone in dowtown Chicago. 50$ is the minimum ticket and it only goes up from there. Virtually anyone that works for the city can write a parking ticket. Mine came from a streets and sanitation worker. Downtown Chicago is the most bike 'unfriendly' cities I have lived in. Street parking is very difficult to find and the many garages don't accept motorcycles. Otherwise, I will take any out of the way spot I can find to park in a regular lot. I am wary of regular parking spaces as I have had my bike hit by someone whipping into a space they thought was empty only to see my bike at the last second.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:08 PM
BluegrassBuck
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

In SF, if you park on the sidewalk, you also get one of those impossible to remove paper stickers slapped on your paint. It explains the new law that went into affect 5-05 prohibiting parking on sidewalks. That is in addition to the $75 ticket.

I do it in Richmond, VA all the time. I haven't gotten a ticket yet but even if I do they not very expensive here.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6400/D669B46AFB494F25BB320D3123994187.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 1999 I saw a bike parked in a parking spot with his rear wheel over into the yellow striped area by about 6 inches..when he came out the cops were writeing him a parking ticket, he said ok, and asked if he could pay it to them, they said no, he had to go to the impound area to pay it, in cash, again he said ok, I can do that, then the cops said cause that is where your bike is going to be, they had called a tow truck..the guy was hot, but maintained his cool and said Ok, I can do that, I'll just ride down with the tow truck driver..that also was a no, find some other way to get there. I have no idea what the tow job and ticket cost him, This was in Sturgis in front of the Liquer store.
I will say this, they were real carefull with his bike, they was all set up to haul bikes, probably never even scratched it, but I'm sure he was very angry about the whole thing. But that is Sturgios for you, just watch where you park and make sure you are all the way into the parking spot.