General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCD Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009 | 10:11 AM
DSnoopy
|
Elite HDF Member
Default OCD Issues?

Is it just me, or do a vast number of people here obsess way to much on what everyone else does, wears, or thinks?

Isn't the point of owning a bike to be open and free, on the road and away from such childish things? Seriously. Sounds like a bunch of 13 year old girls gossiping at the local mall or something.

"OMG, like he totally is not wearing a helmet, how cliche."

"Like, I don't like leather, like when it's like too hot, ya know."

Maybe you could make riding a bike that one little area in your life where you don't have to analize, criticize, and judge what everyone else is doing?

Okay, rant over. Back to my Monday...

Old 05-11-2009 | 10:15 AM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

So you are criticising people for criticising people. Now that is some good Irony there. LOL

Old 05-11-2009 | 10:24 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Naw, I'm too freaked about my OCD of whether I locked the jiffy stand in the detent to worry about other peeps' poop and habits.

Old 05-11-2009 | 11:57 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I couldn't care less what others think of what I choose to wear and do and especially what bike I choose to ride.

Old 05-11-2009 | 12:06 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Sometimes I check my address bar to make sure I'm in the HD Forum & not fashionmakeover.com, waveatme.com or fingerlesschaps.com.

Old 05-11-2009 | 01:36 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Society as a rule obsesses about what everyone else is doing, that's how trends or fads get started. I don't particularly care what someone else is wearing but if they have new gear that will benefit me or a new tool that will help me get the job done easier and quicker I want to know about it.

Old 05-11-2009 | 02:05 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by capnhook
So you are criticising people for criticising people. Now that is some good Irony there. LOL
well, I for one, want to criticize him for criticizing everyone else's criticism... uh oh, makes me a critic too, doesn't it?????

time for a ride to clear the head....... suggest all others do the same

Old 05-11-2009 | 02:43 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by domenicp7
I couldn't care less what others think of what I choose to wear and do and especially what bike I choose to ride.
Yea, what he said...

Old 05-11-2009 | 02:51 PM
King FLH
Road Captain

I can usually tell by the post heading the kind of threads yer talking about, so I stay away. I come here periodically to see the talk about motorcycles, specifically Harleys (of course). The other stuff is drivel.

Also. I won't touch any more politically charged posts, due to I've been kicked off a couple forums lately....bunch a mommas boys.

Old 05-11-2009 | 02:57 PM
Slowpoke84
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
Is it just me, or do a vast number of people here obsess way to much on what everyone else does, wears, or thinks?
Uhh... Yes.

Quick Reply: OCD Issues?