General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1%er-- Outlaws or Bike Enthusiast?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1%er-- Outlaws or Bike Enthusiast?

Ok this is a your opinion thread.

So I've read numerous books. Sonny's Bargers, Hunter Thompsons, Jay Dobyns "No Angel", Under and Alone by William Queen, several Bandido books by Edward Winterhalder. Ausie book called the "brotherhood" and currently in the middle of "angels of death" Yet to read Chuck Zito's book but its on my list to read. I really enjoy the books and they are great reads.

Arguements
- Catholic Chruch has had its share of issues so are they a sex offender org?
- LE has had plenty of people that beak the law are they not following there own rules?

Have they got a bad rap like the Pit Bull dog breed? Where some that think all are bad

Old 05-11-2009, 12:39 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

'skyooz me while I go get a beer

Old 05-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you talking about the Black Widows or the Del Fuegos? It makes a difference because I think they are two completely different groups with different agendas. Maybe you should ask this question again when you're sober and can word it more eloquently.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:20 AM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um... what's the question?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:54 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by brutalbrad
- LE has had plenty of people that beak the law are they not following there own rules?
ummm,Yes??

Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

(BOOBIES!!)

Old 05-11-2009, 06:25 AM
dieseltech
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh SWEET!!!! Another thread about outlaw M/Cs, I can't wait for this ruckus!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you'd spend as much time at clubhouses, trying to know these people, as you spend time reading crap, you wouldn't have to ask.
As for the rest: is there any big group of people out there without any black sheep?
By the way, I've read so many bad things about 1%ers, drinking, eating the wrong things, and sex, that I quit... Reading

Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 AM
looneycanuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brutalbrad
Ok this is a your opinion thread.
My opinion is that it is a very nice day. Once the wife heads out, it's off on my Street Bob I go. Once she returns, it's off on my Street Glide I go -- the Glide makes for a fantastic shopping vehicle. That is another opinion of mine.

???

Arguements
- Catholic Chruch has had its share of issues so are they a sex offender org?
Those are questions rather than clear arguments.

What you mean to state is:

1. The Catholic Church has had its share of issues. Therefore they a sex offender organization.

2. LE has had plenty of people that break the law. They are not following their own rules.

However, we can see that:

#1 is flawed in that you do not illustrate the issues that plague the Catholic Church which relate to sex offenses. The Church has also had a loss of followers which really does not related to sex offenses.

#2 is also flawed in that you do not state that LEOs break the law, rather, "plenty of people" which may or may not encompass the boys & girls in blue.

Have they got a bad rap like the Pit Bull dog breed? Where some that think all are bad
Again, this is flawed in that not everyone feels that Pits have a bad rap and some people do not know that a particular dog is a Pit until they are told and then the dog is magically bad.

As well, last night we were called out to deal with an esophageal bleed; the guy died and I have yet to come across one that lives for more than 5 minutes. All of those calls are bad because the unfortunate individual dies (or f#cks up the back of our ambulance when they spew blood everywhere) whereas not everything else that we deal with is bad. So, just what defines "bad"?

More so, with the eloquent Engrish of today, is "bad" actually good? Is "sick" actually unpleasant? Fo' schizzle ma nizzle.

I seem to have lost my train of thought. Now if I had a Night Train, maybe I wouldn't have lost it for I could have named the bike "Of Thought".

Ok...so where were we? Oh yeah, another thread about "bikers". Off to ride...

Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
If you'd spend as much time at clubhouses, trying to know these people, as you spend time reading crap, you wouldn't have to ask.
Good answer.

Quick Reply: 1%er-- Outlaws or Bike Enthusiast?