General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close call with a cage yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009 | 12:21 PM
gregski
|
Road Captain
Default Close call with a cage yesterday

The wife and I went for a long ride yesterday because the weather was gorgeous. We turn off the main highway onto a 2 lane road with speed limit of 50. Almost immediately there's this 20something f*cknut riding our ***, and we're doing 55. My wife is riding behind me (she rides an 08 Deluxe) and I'm watching this guy in my mirrors. As we come to a straight stretch, this a-hole starts to pass. What he doesn't see is the car coming the other way. Until he gets about even with my wife that is. Then he locks up the brakes and starts fishtailing all over the road. I got real anxious when I couldn't see my wife in the mirrors anymore. Luckily, she saw what was going on and sped up to almost right beside me. So the guy loses control, goes off the side of the road and rolls. We immediately turn around and go back to see if he is OK. Lucky for him he was. I was inches away from sending him to the hospital myself. So we just end up a little shaken. He ends up with a totalled car, ticket for negligent driving and an earful from me, the 2 Sheriffs and the 1 State patrol. We're still shaking our heads. Things could have turned out much worse.

Old 05-10-2009 | 06:41 PM
BugBYter
Tourer

Once past the everybody is OK part I think I would have hurt myself laughing at the kid. Sounds like instant karma to me.

Old 05-10-2009 | 06:49 PM
niczumbo
Road Master

well at least you and the OL and the moron are all ALIVE,no need to ruin ANY mothers day today

Old 05-10-2009 | 06:56 PM
hagger
Banned

Scairy stuff. Someone tailgating me, I try to let them pass. Get behind them. Idiots. What'er they tryin' to do, kill us?? Uhhh, yeah.

Old 05-10-2009 | 07:19 PM
crackitopen
Cruiser

There must be something in the air because lately I've never seen so many nut job cage drivers. Be careful out there...they're cluless.

Old 05-10-2009 | 07:38 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

Wow glad you're both ok. I doubt I'd have turned around to help him.

Old 05-10-2009 | 08:03 PM
NHLowRyder
Intermediate

Really glad to hear you and the wife are ok. I never try to battle cagers. they want to pass that bad i let them..slow down or brake or whatever. Just not worth battling the idiots; however, if afterwards a red light comes up..ohhh the poor bastard!!

Old 05-10-2009 | 08:18 PM
gregski
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by barjbar
Wow glad you're both ok. I doubt I'd have turned around to help him.
We're both firefighters. It's our duty to help....even the idiots. In fact, it's those idiots that keep us in business. We always say "Nobody ever called 911 for doing something smart".

Old 05-10-2009 | 08:40 PM
Fireman44
Tourer

Dosent it suck sometimes when duty calls

Old 05-10-2009 | 08:47 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

close...but glad all are alright

Quick Reply: Close call with a cage yesterday