General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather is FANTASTIC!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:35 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Grammaton
This has happened to me several times. I'm convinced the sizes are accurate, but most people don't know their real size. I always order my size or one smaller these days.
Exactly the opposite here. Started out with a 44 Long (which is what I usually wear), ended up with a 48 Long so I could move when I had a sweatshirt on underneath of it. The only bummer is that I'm going to have to get another small one to wear in warm weather without the liner.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 PM
HogDawg08
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+++ On Fox Creek. have a jacket and elk skin gloves. Amazing quality and has made everything I've looked at since seem like light weight and cheap. If you're looking for thin, light weight leather, this isn't the place. I've been soaked many times in Eastern Carolina thunderstorms and have yet to see one spot of bleed or fading after three years of riding. They really do make the best I've seen!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have their bomber leather jacket, love it

Old 05-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Grammaton
Road Master

Originally Posted by rthomp159
Originally Posted by Grammaton
This has happened to me several times. I'm convinced the sizes are accurate, but most people don't know their real size. I always order my size or one smaller these days.
Exactly the opposite here. Started out with a 44 Long (which is what I usually wear), ended up with a 48 Long so I could move when I had a sweatshirt on underneath of it. The only bummer is that I'm going to have to get another small one to wear in warm weather without the liner.
That makes sense. I guess more people wear bulky stuff under their jacket than I thought.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Jumpin' Judy
Cruiser

Their customer service extends beyond the borders of the US. I tried to order my chaps online from europe but the sizing didn't seem right (legs too long in combination with waist size!). Called them up and the sales person talked me right through the process and made some recommendations. She was very patient and courteous. When the chaps arrived they were perfect. Quality is superior to anything I've seen "off the rack".

Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep - Classic jacket, braided buffalo vest, gloves & wife's vest are all from them!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Damage_Inc
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love FCL too!!
I have the Commander jacket, laced motorcycle Vest, Lee Parks Sport Tour gauntlets, Deer Tour standard length gloves and one thick *** black belt. Every item is amazing and they're customer service was excellent. When I ordered my vest online they followed up with me because they were concerned that I had ordered too small. Everything I have purchased from them fits perfectly and is outstanding quality. I have received dozens of comments on the commander Jacket. My HD saleman jokingly asked me to stop wearing it when I come in because it makes their stuff look cheap!
One of the best companies I've ever dealt with as far as quality, price and customer service. If it isn't obvious I highly recommend them

Old 05-14-2009, 03:04 PM
FD2
Cruiser
Default Amazing stuff

I have a Classic II and 2 sets of gloves. I echo all the positive comments here. The best leathers I have ever owned in 30 years riding.

I have a question though. They are about to relaunch their over pants. Over here (UK) we don't wear leathers over jeans and I wondered how practical this was as it seems hot and bulky. The only reason I am considering it is because of the quality of their other stuff.

Pete

Old 05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You certainly read a lot of nice things about Fox Creek. But then I go to their website and see the ugliest jackets you can imagine. Why can't they make just one classic style?

Old 05-15-2009, 06:04 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what is your version of a good looking jacket..provide a pic or link...

Quick Reply: Fox Creek Leather is FANTASTIC!