General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones, Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009 | 07:56 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by techno
Wow I never thought I would get such a response to my opinion on this bike. I agree with most of you, the Bones could be a great looking bike with a few $1000 in modifications what bike couldn't. I was mearly making an observation on it as stock.
You guys are so defensive. I'm a troll because I don't post a lot. Most of the time I don't have much to say. If that makes me a troll that's cool a troll it is. I ride a sportster. Go ahead and start laughing. I'm not even going to try and defend my choice.

Here's my bike let the trashing begin.
Nice bike, but I agree with some of the others, you are the problem, not your bike.

Old 05-08-2009 | 07:59 AM
Chief X
Former Sponsor

Ifn it's got two wheels and a motor, it's all good. Just my useless opinion!

Old 05-08-2009 | 08:02 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

Wow I never thought I would get such a response to my opinion on this bike. I agree with most of you, the Bones could be a great looking bike with a few $1000 in modifications what bike couldn't. I was mearly making an observation on it as stock.
You guys are so defensive. I'm a troll because I don't post a lot. Most of the time I don't have much to say. If that makes me a troll that's cool a troll it is. I ride a sportster. Go ahead and start laughing. I'm not even going to try and defend my choice.

Here's my bike let the trashing begin.
What I wrote is that coming in a new community introducing yourself with derogatory comments on something most people in the community likes SMELLS of trolling. I gave you the benefit of doubt and an implicit advice on a behaviour better avoided.
Another one is putting in one's mouth words he never said, like you just did here. It's not the number of posts, nor the bike you ride. It's the attitude.

Nice bike, btw. Another proof that nice bikes and nice people don't necessarily come together.
Now, prove me wrong and I'll be happy to admit I was unfair.

Last edited by 99octane; 05-08-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-08-2009 | 08:06 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

I love the Crossbones and may have gotten one if they had came out before I got my 07 Street Bob. The only thing I don't care for is the spring seat.

Old 05-08-2009 | 08:31 AM
Ohrider
Advanced

I was dead set on getting a Bones when I went looking for a bike late last year. I sat on several but the seat just didn't feel right to me. I constantly felt like I was setting "on top" of the bike and was not "part" of the bike. Just an odd feeling, something I suppose you get use to if you have one. I love the look and styling though, would love to set on one that has had the stock seat changed out.

Old 05-08-2009 | 08:44 AM
techno
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by 99octane
What I wrote is that coming in a new community introducing yourself with derogatory comments on something most people in the community likes SMELLS of trolling. I gave you the benefit of doubt and an implicit advice on a behaviour better avoided.
Another one is putting in one's mouth words he never said, like you just did here. It's not the number of posts, nor the bike you ride. It's the attitude.

Nice bike, btw. Another proof that nice bikes and nice people don't necessarily come together.
Now, prove me wrong and I'll be happy to admit I was unfair.
I get what your saying but I'm not new to the forum. I have been here for a little while. I'm just not a serial poster that's why you may not recognize me.
All I did was state my opinion that doesn't make me a bad guy or a guy with an atitude. I didn't know we had to behave a certain way. I said no disrepect to the Xbones owners. If I don't post I'm a troll if I post something you don't like I have an atitude. At least I added something for everyone to discuss. I got 8 pages. Just out of curiousity, do you think every bike that HD has produced looks great or do you have favorites?

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:00 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior

No one says anyone has to behave a certain way. Your post had "ugliest, "stupid" and "sucks" right in it, what did you expect to hear? Thank you and I value your opinion?

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:13 AM
softail04
Road Master

being an old guy from the retro era I think the bones should have
forward controls - not boards
no pogo seat - seat contured to frame
love the rear fender - but could be a little different
get rid of the shock on the springer - use a paco springer
higher bars
get rid of that fat front wheel - everybody used a 19/21 back in the day if they could
like the bike but I think it needs some changing..

Attached Thumbnails Crossbones, Is it me or...-knuckle-head.jpg   Crossbones, Is it me or...-pan-head.jpg  
Old 05-08-2009 | 09:30 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

I like the X Bones - except for that rear fender. It doesn't go with the the concept of the bike. One of the local HD dealers here swapped out the rear fender, the tank (with old school tank badges), the bars (low, pulled-back), then painted it red - damn that thing looks good!

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:32 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

I get what your saying but I'm not new to the forum. I have been here for a little while. I'm just not a serial poster that's why you may not recognize me.
All I did was state my opinion that doesn't make me a bad guy or a guy with an atitude. I didn't know we had to behave a certain way. I said no disrepect to the Xbones owners. If I don't post I'm a troll if I post something you don't like I have an atitude. At least I added something for everyone to discuss. I got 8 pages. Just out of curiousity, do you think every bike that HD has produced looks great or do you have favorites?
As I said, is not what you say, but how you said it. I'm not the only one to have noticed it. This said, written word has its (vast) limits, and it's easy to be mistaken.

An ancient saying goes "De gustibus non est disputandum" which means "it's not good to debate about personal taste", as it is useless, comes to nothing, each one has his opinion, as good as that of anybody else, and nothing constructive can come out from such a debate, and easily will turn into an futile argument. They had their good reasons to say so, and they were right.

This said, I like MOST bikes HD makes or made, but I don't like the Street Glide at all, and the Fat Bob is not in my chords.
My favorites are probably the Street Bob and Superglide Custom, and the latest CVO springer softails.
In the regular run, I'd say the Softail Custom, the 883 Iron for the Sportster and the Road King among cruisers.

Quick Reply: Crossbones, Is it me or...