General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones, Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009 | 09:22 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior

I like the Cross Bones. I think other than the cheap looking, plastic seat pan and the cartoonish skull and crossbones on the oiltank the bike is awesome!

Now if I had the money.....I would buy one, put a badlander seat on it, and replace the stock wheel and tire with a 21'er. That MFer would be sweet then!

Old 05-07-2009 | 09:29 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by techno
is this one of the ugliest bikes ever in HD's lineup? The seat area is stupid. The lines do not flow at all. The headlight is postioned too high. It looks like it is de-raked and that bobtail fender sucks. I think the only reason people buy it is because it is blacked out.

No disrespect to the X-Bones owners just my opinion.
OK...I would strongly suggest you don't buy one.

Old 05-07-2009 | 10:18 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

XBonz is schweet , love it , no room in the stable fer another Harley tho' , and aint selling my classics to get one ..

Old 05-07-2009 | 10:26 PM
jwlehman
Road Master

There's a great looking modded Crossbones in the latest issue of American Iron. Its pained OD green and event he Harley Davidson logo was reapplied to look old. Very cool!

Old 05-07-2009 | 10:54 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Well if Willie had asked, and for some odd reason he didn't, the only change I would have suggested would be to have a little more rake on the front end. Move the wheel out 3 or 4 inches from current, and it would look better. And I probably would have put a regular rear fender on it.

Other than that, they pretty much used the design that I had rolling around in my head.

Old 05-07-2009 | 11:13 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

Yea, I got a fuggly bike!!! So whats it too ya? The freak-in thing still has to much chrome....lol........ Gotta love the criticism's....There Great!!!!

Old 05-07-2009 | 11:40 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member

no such thing as an ugly bike....just ugly people...

CC

Old 05-08-2009 | 01:17 AM
eliems
Cruiser

I like this one ...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...ure-or-two.jpg

And this one is even better!

Must be the pipes!

Old 05-08-2009 | 01:31 AM
dawidmer
Advanced

Repost...........
I have put 16,000 miles (26,000kms) on my 08 crossbones since last March. besides slip-on Rush pipes, Zippers Air cleaner and Tmax the only other mod I have made is the dent in the gas tank that happened when it fell over in my neighbors driveway. I will fix it a soon as I stop riding the bike for 3 weeks or so. I absolutely love this bike the way it is....but I have also bought a RSD fender, Hooker drag pipes and I am going to install them as soon as I can park it for a few days. Soooon....Sure....

I guess what I am trying to say is this bike just plain works...ride one.

Last edited by dawidmer; 05-08-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2009 | 01:38 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by techno
is this one of the ugliest bikes ever in HD's lineup? The seat area is stupid. The lines do not flow at all. The headlight is postioned too high. It looks like it is de-raked and that bobtail fender sucks. I think the only reason people buy it is because it is blacked out.

No disrespect to the X-Bones owners just my opinion.
Preposing that coming in with 12 posts bashing one of the most loved models the moco has rolled out in this late years smelss of trolling ( whatever you say about "no disrespect" after having said that the bike looks "stupid") the Cross Bones is the one model that best renders the '40s "bobber" concept in a production bike.
If it is sold in an olive green among the available colors (and it's the one which gives the best resutls, IMHO) is not by chance.
Try to do your homework and study a little history of the MoCo and you'll see what the Cross Bones is and why it's made that way.

BTW, no, I don't ride a CB, I ride a Dyna.

Last edited by 99octane; 05-08-2009 at 01:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Crossbones, Is it me or...