General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones, Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009 | 05:13 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I like the look of the crossbones. Kinda retro looking to me.

Old 05-07-2009 | 05:26 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
True that but being as they seemed to be trying to embrace the older harley look, the hinged fender is dated and I think would add to that old harley look. I don't think the bobber went with the springed pogo solo seat either. Mixed metaphors on the crossbones. Is it Bobber or old harley look. Which one?
Amputating the hinged fender at the hinge was a quick and easy way to lose weight. Only problem, it looked like crap. The better looking way was to weld the hinge shut, cut off a foor or so from the front and drill new holes. Thus the ducktail look first seen on stock HD's with the FXWG, but now on lots. I've always felt Harley had the ducktail a little too horizontal. When I've built a rigid with this type of fender I tilted it a few inches further forward. An alternative rear fender, but later than the '40s was to take a front FLH fender, cut it and mount it backwards. The look was similar to the deuce or the V-Rod.

Old 05-07-2009 | 06:31 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master

It's you. Other than the plastic battery cover H-D did a nice job on this one. And all you rear fender haters just kill me. I've said it before...it is a classic bobtail fender that is part of Harley history. It is one of the things I liked the best about my Softail Custom.

Old 05-07-2009 | 06:42 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior

I like it a lot. Just a matter of personal taste I guess.

Old 05-07-2009 | 07:48 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by techno
is this one of the ugliest bikes ever in HD's lineup? The seat area is stupid. The lines do not flow at all. The headlight is postioned too high. It looks like it is de-raked and that bobtail fender sucks. I think the only reason people buy it is because it is blacked out.

No disrespect to the X-Bones owners just my opinion.
Ever notice how the people who come in here and bash a certain bike or Harleys in general have post count well under 100? Trolls suck.

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:57 PM
username17
Cruiser

Really? REALLY?!

The first time I walked into a dealership, I wanted a Crossbones.
I LOVE the look, it just looks... beast.
The springer front in, ape hangers, fat front tire (looks better w/ no fender), flate black with pin stripes. LOVE IT

I bought an Iron, even done mods to it. But the Crossbones is still my dream bike.
I have a hard time not thinking about it every day. Just recently broken the habit of looking at pics of a Crossbones.

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:58 PM
57springer57
Road Captain

good lookin bike in my opinion

Old 05-07-2009 | 09:02 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ratster
Ever notice how the people who come in here and bash a certain bike or Harleys in general have post count well under 100? Trolls suck.
No ****. What do you ride TECHNO???????

Old 05-07-2009 | 09:08 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

Sucks to be poor. Harley has been making so many good bikes its like a lays potatoe chip....its hard to own just one.

I like the trike,crossbones,springer softail, street bob,Ultra,street glide,road glide, the sportsters: iron and nightster, VROD and Buells to name a few.

Old 05-07-2009 | 09:20 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
Harley has been making so many good bikes its like a lays potatoe chip....its hard to own just one.
You said it man! There is about 2 bikes in every 'family' I would love to have in my garage. I'd need a bigger garage!

Quick Reply: Crossbones, Is it me or...