General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones, Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:29 PM
schumacher
Club Member

I like the Crossbones, but don't like the skull they stuck on the oil tank this year.

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:35 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
I like the Crossbones, but don't like the skull they stuck on the oil tank this year.
Agreed. It's a bit overkill. I'm sure it's easy to remove though.

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:35 PM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

I like the classic appearance of it, some riders like the higher bars, some dont. A bike reflects your personality and is like women... some like red heads, some like blondes.

I like the seat and the springer stuff, not my choice but I like it. The phat tires are also pretty kewl. Old school look with modern day tecnology. I dont think its ugly.

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:41 PM
Savagehenry
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball
Agreed. It's a bit overkill. I'm sure it's easy to remove though.

They clear coated right over the sticker. I think the options on that are to repaint the oil tank or get a bigger sticker.

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:46 PM
Dirty Fxstd
Tourer

I didnt like it at first but if you check out a few guys on here they have made it look great, like cheesecake, or cammy5477, jisham is getting his looking good too

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:50 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by techno
is this one of the ugliest bikes ever in HD's lineup? The seat area is stupid. The lines do not flow at all. The headlight is postioned too high. It looks like it is de-raked and that bobtail fender sucks. I think the only reason people buy it is because it is blacked out.

No disrespect to the X-Bones owners just my opinion.
I take it you've been around Harleys for awhile. What kind do you ride, or if you don't have one yet what kind do you think is the best looking?

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:55 PM
OrangeTJ
Cruiser

The only three things I don't care for on it are the bobtail fender, the plastic under the seat (why not metal?) and the skull & bones on the oil tank. Other than that, I think it's a very cool retro-bobber.

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:57 PM
ElectraDave
Road Captain

Personally, I like the x-bones myself. If I were getting a second bike, it would be a contender to fill the slot.

Old 05-07-2009 | 04:11 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

I thought they were trying to capture an old time image and that a full hinged rear fender would have been in order. Not sure how I felt about the mini apes vs a lower profile set of handle bars...

I like the direction it is going though. I'd own one. Always did like the harley wide springer.

Old 05-07-2009 | 04:19 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
I thought they were trying to capture an old time image and that a full hinged rear fender would have been in order. Not sure how I felt about the mini apes vs a lower profile set of handle bars...

I like the direction it is going though. I'd own one. Always did like the harley wide springer.
The hinged fender was one of the first things to get trashed when the post WW2 boys "bobbed" a bike.

Quick Reply: Crossbones, Is it me or...