General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones, Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011 | 06:40 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DocFMF
I happen to be one of the nutz that love the bonez... I saw one sitting outside of a hotel I stayed in one night and decided it was gonna be mine. Then I had surgery on my leg and ended up triking mine. I have nothing but great things to say about it. When I triked it I even went with the stock motif and I have won 10 trophys for her in 10 bike shows and the best one was the 1st place trophy I took at the 2010 ROT Rally in Austin TX.

All I have to say is if you don't like what I ride... look the other way...

Be well

Pup
Oh I do like that but then again I sort of have a thing for Springers

Old 11-14-2011 | 09:48 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I personally think it kicks azz and is a damned fine looking bike. Met a guy on a dealership ride once who'd just bought one. It was painted in OD flat green. Instantly you thought 'WW-II'.

I test rode one also. It doesn't scrape like any of the other softails I test rode. The only thing I didn't like about it is that the front springs are not adjustable. Every little tiniest crack or pebble was felt up through the handlebars. I'd bet though that after a few good road miles on it, the springs would loosen up a little and the ride up front would get the way it's supposed to be. I'd have bought one if I'd been able to afford it at the time I was getting a bike.

Old 11-14-2011 | 10:14 PM
Springerpilot
Cruiser

At this point I think everything the original poster griped about has been addressed... except his comment about the front end looking like it was "de-raked". I have no proof of this, but I thought the reason for that was to make the geometry of the springer suspension work correctly. Since the suspension travel is provided by the "trailing link" setup of the twin, non-telescopic fork legs, the setup (and how the 'rake' appears to the eye) provides the best ride with the limited amount of available 'travel' ... vurses the technologically surperior telescopic fork. Or am I wrong about all that?
It's not "de-raked", it's just a Springer...love it for what it is, baby!

Old 11-14-2011 | 11:45 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

I think it could've been a great looking bike, but they really ruined it with the negative rake on the front end,and that horrid looking front fender. And of course, the skull's gotta go. Sometimes I think the Design Team is on crack with some of the ugly crap they come up with. Do they actually talk to people before they design something hideous (like the Rocker) to find out what people want? Then, they get rid of their best looking bikes (NightTrain,LowRider,Softail Custom) They better invest in some higher quality doobage before they design another monstrocity.

Old 11-15-2011 | 05:27 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by techno
is this one of the ugliest bikes ever in HD's lineup?
Best looking Harley in 50 years. It goes the opposite direction of those big gay modern choppers, Victories, etc., so if you like that stuff, you won't like it. If you like an old school look, it's the top of the line.

Old 11-16-2011 | 11:43 AM
DocFMF
Advanced

Springer or hydraulic = chocolate or vanilla Everyone has their own idea of taste

Old 11-16-2011 | 01:55 PM
nrs2420
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DocFMF
Springer or hydraulic = chocolate or vanilla Everyone has their own idea of taste
I'll take one of each, thank you.

Old 11-16-2011 | 03:48 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Methink the trike is super cool. I'd black out few things but it's definitely a looker.

Old 11-16-2011 | 06:17 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by BLK08ROCKERC
I personally don't like it stock. That being said there are lots of ways to make it look better. I wouldn't mind owning one and making it my own.

Oh and those Rockers are ugly!!!! Just take a look at mine.

You are right, that is a good looking rocker!