General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones, Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009 | 12:15 AM
2099d
Cruiser
Default To each his on. I like my Bones!!!

If you ride, I'm sure you have your reason's why you ride what you ride! enuff said!

Old 05-23-2009 | 12:22 AM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member

I like the cross bones. There are things I would change though, rear fender and front wheel setup to start with. Of course among things that would get changed too. I think the x-bones would be the bike that would bankrupt me real fast.
Cheesecake's is my favorite that I've seen so far.

I like how SOME Rocker's look. I think it depends on the color, I wouldn't own one but some do look sharp.

Old 05-23-2009 | 01:01 AM
jongilbert1
Intermediate

Totally disagree with the origin poster. Its a cool bike. Its a cool seat. Its retro.

Old 05-23-2009 | 07:03 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by techno
Wow I never thought I would get such a response to my opinion on this bike. I agree with most of you, the Bones could be a great looking bike with a few $1000 in modifications what bike couldn't. I was mearly making an observation on it as stock.
You guys are so defensive. I'm a troll because I don't post a lot. Most of the time I don't have much to say. If that makes me a troll that's cool a troll it is. I ride a sportster. Go ahead and start laughing. I'm not even going to try and defend my choice.

Here's my bike let the trashing begin.

Of course I don't agree with you... but thats ok... we still have something in common...

Charlie D.

Old 05-23-2009 | 03:41 PM
fireinv38
Novice

have owned the crossbones since last july. purchased it because it has the look i wanted. removed the blacked out parts and replaced them with chrome. the ride is great. no need for a gel pad since the seat is extremely comfortable and the springer front end handles the road very well. have owned bikes since 1966 and am very satisfied with the look and ride. everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. i liked it and bought it. not dissapointed. besides just took home a 6' trophy from last weeks bike show

Old 05-23-2009 | 04:25 PM
Hammer107
Road Master

is this one of the ugliest bikes ever in HD's lineup? The seat area is stupid. The lines do not flow at all. The headlight is postioned too high. It looks like it is de-raked and that bobtail fender sucks. I think the only reason people buy it is because it is blacked out.

No disrespect to the X-Bones owners just my opinion.
I was going to start this very thread earlier today after seeing a pic of a bones.....I figured why stir the pot though.

Now that it's out in the open...that has got to be the most hideous thing on two wheels ever.

I'd almost rather ride a Vespa...at least I could pass that off as a joke. The Bones I'd have to admit that I picked it cause I liked it.

Old 05-23-2009 | 05:14 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

If I was not married I would take it

Old 05-23-2009 | 05:17 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member

is this one of the ugliest bikes ever in HD's lineup? The seat area is stupid. The lines do not flow at all. The headlight is postioned too high. It looks like it is de-raked and that bobtail fender sucks. I think the only reason people buy it is because it is blacked out.

No disrespect to the X-Bones owners just my opinion.
It's you. I think the 2008 was really nice and the new flat black ones really blow but no, your taste is in your as$.

Old 05-23-2009 | 05:20 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Wow I never thought I would get such a response to my opinion on this bike. I agree with most of you, the Bones could be a great looking bike with a few $1000 in modifications what bike couldn't. I was mearly making an observation on it as stock.
You guys are so defensive. I'm a troll because I don't post a lot. Most of the time I don't have much to say. If that makes me a troll that's cool a troll it is. I ride a sportster. Go ahead and start laughing. I'm not even going to try and defend my choice.

Here's my bike let the trashing begin.

Sportsters rule!!!

I've owned 3. Here was my last:

and like I said, I like the Bones.

Old 05-23-2009 | 06:02 PM
MNROD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by faber
Aw, c'mon.

HD is trying to come out with something that is still very "Harley" but is still a new model, may appeal to a new HD buyer, and is still very customizable.

I'd say they nailed it with the Cross Bones. Like Bluzmn59, I'd give it a B+, maybe even an A-.

That said....yeah, the fenders......dood.

I agree; I was a new HD buyer and loved it. I think it's one of the coolest looking bikes out there. I think about 90% of the Harley's are cooler than heck but the Crossbones did it for me. I will never bash another Harley; To me, just the fact of owning a Harley is a dream.

Quick Reply: Crossbones, Is it me or...