General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones, Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009 | 06:41 AM
llbigbird
Road Warrior

Sorry but I love the look of the bike

Old 05-10-2009 | 07:09 AM
Poorguy
Tourer
Cool

Originally Posted by techno
is this one of the ugliest bikes ever in HD's lineup? The seat area is stupid. The lines do not flow at all. The headlight is postioned too high. It looks like it is de-raked and that bobtail fender sucks. I think the only reason people buy it is because it is blacked out.

No disrespect to the X-Bones owners just my opinion.
It wasn't my choice but that's the nice thing about choice.

But then again, your bike wasn't my choice either but you won't find me condemning it either.

Old 05-10-2009 | 09:27 AM
jp13
Tourer

I think it is ugly but to each their own. If we all thought alike it would be a boring world.

Old 05-22-2009 | 03:02 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master

What I find comical is the need to come on here and bash a particular model of a bike because you have small ***** syndrome. I mean really, what are you own? I'm sure you get sick and tired of hearing about the girl bike comments, don't you? Not that I think that as I owned a 1200C for many years. I just get sick and tired of seeing these threads.

If you don't like the fvcking bike, don't buy one. No need in insulting and acting like a douchebag.

Old 05-22-2009 | 03:15 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member

Well, let's see. IF I had a choice and IF I had the money, I'd go with a X bones with just a few mods... Replace the frame with a rigid one, switch the motor for a Panhead, the rear fender with a flat one, the gas tank with a peanut or sporty tank, 21 inch in the front, and voila, the perfect X bones.

Old 05-22-2009 | 03:21 PM
hincheec
Cruiser

I like the cross bones, love the retro look, but I sat on the bike, and it just does not fit me. I am too short.

Old 05-22-2009 | 04:20 PM
Trashpunk63
Advanced

Originally Posted by hincheec
I like the cross bones, love the retro look, but I sat on the bike, and it just does not fit me. I am too short.
Don't let that stop you. I'm short, 5'3". Put a Brawler seat on it and the bike fits me like a glove.

Old 05-22-2009 | 06:01 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

How can you dislike a bike that rolls off the showroom a blacked out, bobbed fendered, springer forked, footboarded? It even gets a cool pirate sticker on the oil tank...

To hate the Bones is silliness.

Old 05-22-2009 | 06:17 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Dude, if I had a Bones I would black that b!itch out, I'm talking primary cover, rocker box cover, tranny cover and I would get a cool blacked out derby cover, something with a crossbones theme (I'd probably get an 08 so I would miss out on the butt pirate sticker) , but then I'd bolt a big old piece of Chrome ol' skool goodness right over top of the cam and wrap it up in some 2:1 pipes that BARK like you let the dawgs out, something black like a D&D fat cat or one of those slick RB LSR's. I'm an FX kinda guy so I would loose the boards for some pegs w/ curb finders cause I'd drag them where ever I went. I would get a low profile frame mounted seat to slam me down and back in the saddle, then I'd get some low profile bars to match up the look. I'd pop on some of them nostalgic grips I keep seeing around, those look pretty kool and I wouldn't stop there... then I'd hunt around for a 21" wire wheel to throw up front and get me one of those springer horns, you know the ones, to show of the springer 'colors' while riding that hog were ever I went... unless it was raining... hahahaha

Springers Rule!

Last edited by Zacharia_11; 05-22-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2009 | 11:18 PM
trslim
Road Captain

I didn't care for them at first, but they're growing on me. Some mods give them just the right touch. I'll stay where I am...

Quick Reply: Crossbones, Is it me or...