General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones, Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009 | 03:18 PM
Mandodoc
Tourer

I guess to each his own. I love my Cross Bones. I have a 2008 Olive Pearl and it is a great bike. 2008 has the PAF instead of the skull (nothing wrong with the skull either). The Olive Pearl (Army Green) was only available for about 6 months, I think it is a great color and for me it's an ear to ear grin every time I see and or ride it. Less than a year and almost 10,000 miles, works for me.

Old 05-08-2009 | 07:35 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 97FXSTSB
A bobtail does go with the vintage/retro concept. That's what they used to do to pre-bobtail fenders, bob the front of them and rotate em up over the tire.
Your X Bones looks great! Even so, you changed the bars and the seat to make it look "right" for you. When I sat on one, the stock spring seat placed me too high in relation to the ape hangers. The seat you installed would make it just right.

Old 05-08-2009 | 07:45 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member

Does anyone remember "Dem Bones"? It was an aftermarket outfit in the 90's that produced accessories for your ride....

Old 05-08-2009 | 07:57 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member

Get rid of the stock seat, take the bobtail fender off and replace it with the fat boy's and put a slightly longer front fender on, and you'll have a masterpiece...IMHO

Old 05-08-2009 | 08:14 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member

I think the Cross Bones is one of the coolest looking bikes. I would buy one even thought it's probably not a typical bike for the ladies? but I sat on one and realized I'd have to do too much to make it fit me that I'd most likely end up changing the look - and it wouldn't be the same bike. True, you can customize it, but for me personally, it's stock look is what grabs me. That's what happened when I bought my previous bike, the Nightster. I fell in love with the stock look. But I had to change the handlebars, and I need a windshield most of the time, and saddlebags - and in the end, it wasn't the look I fell in love with. So no Cross Bones for me, but not because I think they are ugly!

Last edited by June Bug; 05-08-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-08-2009 | 08:27 PM
toycannon
Advanced

A little uncomfortable but I like The seat

Old 05-08-2009 | 08:33 PM
Bitter Creek
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
Nope, I LOVE this bike. I ALMOST got it instead of my Bob.

PS - This is why they invented opinions, and your crap obviously does not smell the same as mine.

Exactly the same for me. I came really close to buying it, but really fell in love with my Street Bob the first time I rode it.

Old 05-09-2009 | 10:16 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
I like the Crossbones, but don't like the skull they stuck on the oil tank this year.
For some reason I think the skull and crossbones decal kind of goes with a bike named Crossbones.
I don't like the ducktail (it's not a BOBtail if it's not BOBBED) fender either and think putting a 17" tire on the back with a 16 on the front is dumb, and I think the spring seat looks better with no one on the bike, but having said that, it's still the best looking bike in H-D's lineup.

Old 05-09-2009 | 10:42 PM
oct1949
Club Member

seen some that looks good, but as stated it does look and I think it is deraked.
for a single rider ok, and I like the looks of a springer, but don't know if I'd have 1.

Old 05-09-2009 | 11:09 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mp
For some reason I think the skull and crossbones decal kind of goes with a bike named Crossbones.
I don't like the ducktail (it's not a BOBtail if it's not BOBBED) fender either and think putting a 17" tire on the back with a 16 on the front is dumb, and I think the spring seat looks better with no one on the bike, but having said that, it's still the best looking bike in H-D's lineup.
Jeez mp, I'd hate to think of all the things you don't like about H-D's that aren't as good looking as the "best looking bike in H-D's lineup"
Marsh

Quick Reply: Crossbones, Is it me or...