General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Harley Type are you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:01 PM
jeff182
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Harley Type are you?

Yes we are all in a Harley Brotherhood, but what attracted you to the Harley Davidson. What was your first memory of the Harley and are you an old school motorhead or into the new wave customs?

Old 05-09-2006, 12:04 PM
WillyHD
Road Master
Default RE: What Harley Type are you?

Was put on the back of an old Sportster when I was five. Wanted a Harley ever since. I like old-school combined with new technology.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Road King ever since my buddy came over to my house on his I wanted on ever since.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Bigfoot
Tourer

I wanted a Harley ever since I saw the one Elvis rode. Just the tough, classic look of the FLH. This is why my next bike will likely be a Roadking. I bought my first Harley at a DC police auction for 800 bucks with the side car (1967 FLH, it had over 100,000 miles on it). i rebuilt the bike and just loved it - despite its gas tank shifted, three speed trans and a top speed of 63 mph - it was GREAT!

Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 PM
goforit06
Advanced

About 1 1/2 years ago I started seeing a man..and he is very interested in owning a Harley. He has wanted one for over 20 years and nothing yet. I had been wanting a bike for about 10 years and his interested turned my interest towards Harleys. He has sort of faded out of the picture but my desire for a Harley over took me and with in a month I owned my own! I even took the rider course, and passed!! and will go get my license tonight! I am so excited...and he has no clue. Now to find someone to ride with in central Illinois.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10985/578420AC38964D9B96257263FBE6B18F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-09-2006, 12:24 PM
agnes231
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: jeff182

Yes we are all in a Harley Brotherhood, but what attracted you to the Harley Davidson. What was your first memory of the Harley and are you an old school motorhead or into the new wave customs?
I had been riding metrics back in the early 70's and just loved to ride. I came home on leave from Ft Benning and ran into a friend who had a low mileage 71 Sportster with straight pipes and re-jetted carb that he was selling. One ride and I had to have the bike. I bought it and never turned back. Old School.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:29 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every male in my immediate family rides, and I started on a crotch rocket. Knew I wanted a Harley when I first saw the V-Rods. Water-cooled, low, lean and fast. If you couldn't tell, I'm definately new school.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:39 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My last name is Harley. What else would I ride????????????

Old 05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Crankshaft
Road Warrior

I've been riding without a break since 1970 on metrics. When I decided it was time for a new bike, I thought 'I'll just swing by the Harley dealer to see what they've got', saw a 95 inch Fatboy and that was that.
The story I give people when they ask me, why Harley?, is, 'If Harley-Davidson are going to be good enough to name a bike after me, it's only right that I should buy one'[sm=smiley17.gif]
School? what's that?

Old 05-09-2006, 01:00 PM
eddybo69
Road Master

My dad had us riding mini bikes when we were very very young. I never owned a bicycle. My first bike was really way cool it was a miniature 2 stroke dirt bike. I thought all my life that it was a Harley due to the stickers (I am not really sure I could read at 6) But I have been looking on ebay etc. trying to find one like it. Either it wasnt a harley or I just have not run across one. Dad was a Harley man even though he never owned one during my lifetime. ( owned several until he almost got killed on his 74 back in the day) I spent a lot of quality time with my dad during my teens riding hondas etc. but he never bought me a Harley (well unless you count an old AMF that would never start and a sportster that I never got to fire). He always wanted another but with four kids he just never got around to it. When I finally got financially able to buy a Harley he wanted one too. I would have gotten him one except by that time he was a double amputee and on kidney dialysis. Mom wouldnt even let us buy him a trike. At least I had bought him that 58 Impala. The one thing he coveted more than Harleys. I sure wish I could have bought him a Harley, he was worth it. I guess since it is a family tradition, I am a traditionalist to some extent.

Quick Reply: What Harley Type are you?