General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Harley Type are you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:57 PM
XL Junkie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Harley Type are you?

I guess most people would say I'm the surfer/skater type. I was always amazed by bikes and choppers. Sport bikes aren't my personality. I guess I wrote off motorcycles as too dangerous (as opposed to a 15 foot half pipe or double overhead surf, yeah go figure) and Harley's as too expensive for me to afford. I drove by a Harley dealer one day and decided to stop in and check 'em out. I sat down on my Sportster and I was sold. I had to have it. Went and got my motorcycle permit the following weekend and bought the bike the same day. Am I your stereotypical biker... not even close... how many other "bikers" ride to the beach to go surfing? But I've tried not to subscribe to stereotypes. It was an impulse buy that has stuck and now it's engrained in my personality.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:39 PM
xskartman
Advanced

Started riding mini bikes in 1961 bought a Honda Dream 90i n 1965, bout killed myself doing wheelies, brother had a 65-66 305 dream, had a 305 Super hawk, and bout a new 350 honda. currently have 5 japanese bikes that I am restoring and mini chopper bouilt from scratch and traded a cheery 750 Ace on a 05 Super Glide last summer. Always wanted HD but funds always got in the way until MOCO decided the competition might be eating into there market and started upping production and lowering their prices. Prolly get more looks on the H.D. and the wife asks for rides more than she ever did on the Honda (need I say anymore) LOL

Steve In Indy (Kartman)

Proud Patriot Guard Rider

Old 05-11-2006, 05:07 PM
05UltraClassic
Advanced

Also started riding metrics in the 70s and vowed to have a Harley, the DAY that I could afford one. Been ridin' nothing but since that day back in '85. Definetly Old School.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Started on minibikes 60's, then several Hondas in the 70's. Wanted a Harley my whole life but no money or other priorities with what little we had. The sound, the power the name was all I wanted, it was in my blood. First Harley ride was on an old (i have no clue) chopper with a suicide clutch. It was great even though my crazy bud scared the crap out of me. Wife of 27 years wanted no part of any bike for me because of the kids and i guess i thought she was right. I look back now and laugh, I guess she felt a bike was more dangerous than the 20 I did in the military. Through the years we've had a ton of fights over me wanting to get one. Kids are out of the house now and that was it, I did it. You know now the wife thinks it's a great idea. When her mom made a crack or two she jumped in with both feet on how i deserved it and such, waited long enough. In fact she loves riding on it too. Only problem is having waited now i get to hear it's my "mid life crisis".

Old 05-11-2006, 10:56 PM
tnprowden
Stage II

Rode in the late sixties, lost a buddy the day after I came home from over seas. (we were adjusting clutch on my bike) he took it for a test ride and never came back. quit riding for 30 yrs. But I guess its in my blood . My wife just bought me a 06 glide and I had it updated to stag 1. d&d slip ons, race tuner, SE filter sys and dyno'd. I feel alive again