General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Harley Type are you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Pat
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Harley Type are you?

Grandad had an Indian and I've always wanted a Harley, to me the esthetics are better on Harleys than on Indians ...and besides, you can still buy a Harley. I'm more the old motorhead type - all the chrome and paint of the exotic customs, although very nice, just does not seem like a practical everyday reliable scoot.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:21 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was living in California as a kid in the late 60's and saw a group of Hells Angels riding down the street and fasinated with Harleys ever since,told myself I would someday own one and I am now on my third,I had to learn on a H-nda because who cares if you drop it or scratch it,piece of junk anyways,as I got older,I refused to wear anything Harley or have any kind of Harley merchandise until I got my first bike,now almost all my stuff is HD[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 05-09-2006, 06:06 PM
lapisblue
Tourer

Here are some pics of my Great Grandfather and my Grandfather. My great Grandfather Harry rode a 1916 Indian Power Plus in this 1919 photo and my Grandfather rode Knuckleheads. He is on his 1939 Knuckle in 1940. I guess I was born with it in my blood.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 PM
cbrunson
Tourer

When I was about 8 years old, my dad bought his Z1 Kawi. A couple of guys from his work showed up at the house on chopped iron heads. (all I new was that they were Harleys at the time) Both bikes had metal flake paint and chromed out. 70s chops all the way. I was hooked. I would sit and draw choppers, eagles and H-D logos for the next 10 years. I chopped a 66 Honda CB 450 with my dad’s help when I was 14. I rode it in the dirt. The summer between my junior and senior year in high school, I bought a basket case ‘58 XLCH, and rebuilt the motor, went to a few swap meets, and built this one. Old school all the way!

Old 05-10-2006, 12:46 AM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cbrunson

When I was about 8 years old, my dad bought his Z1 Kawi. A couple of guys from his work showed up at the house on chopped iron heads. (all I new was that they were Harleys at the time) Both bikes had metal flake paint and chromed out. 70s chops all the way. I was hooked. I would sit and draw choppers, eagles and H-D logos for the next 10 years. I chopped a 66 Honda CB 450 with my dad’s help when I was 14. I rode it in the dirt. The summer between my junior and senior year in high school, I bought a basket case ‘58 XLCH, and rebuilt the motor, went to a few swap meets, and built this one. Old school all the way!
Very, very nice ride!

Old 05-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

I was attracted to the brotherhood and the lifestyle and it has cost me heaps over the years but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not as thick into it now to what I used to be, must be old age .

Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Always liked motorcycles, father had a couple of friends into HD's.........The Fonz, I know it was not a HD but, as a kid they were all HD's, like all soft drinks are Coke's. But, when I decided that is what I want to do, Girls,Girls,Girls video.....Motley Crue

Old 05-10-2006, 02:04 AM
ccgobama
Road Warrior

I like old school and new school. Cruiser's are my favorite...RG, SG, RK, EG, UC Etc....

Old 05-10-2006, 02:37 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I never fell in with the leather jacket and whiskers crowd. I still don't own any leather clothing. I am a member of the Harley Owners Group chapter but I seldom go to meetings or rides, unless it is really special. I am not anti social, just like doing my own thing. I ride with likeminded friends. Can['t stand the thought of a tatoo on my body either. I just like road Harleys. Always have, always will. I do kind of like the Heritage Softail though.

So you might call me anti-typical?

Old 05-10-2006, 05:06 AM
firestar99
Cruiser

When I got back from VN a friend had bought a customized sporster I fell in love with that bike but due to a wounded leg I couldn't get a bike at my release and ride back home from california. When I was healthy again I bought a triump and chopped it with a really radical springer front end and the works. I sold it a year later and had several metrics since then. I still own a metric that is a show bike but I bought a ROADKING custom to cruise on.

Quick Reply: What Harley Type are you?