General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for those you prefer to ride alone

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:33 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just want to ride. With myself or with a few friends or in a group. I don't care---I just want to ride. I am never alone because I got a cell phone, credit card, some cash and a fully loaded 45 Ruger. Throw in a bottle of water and I have faith someone will stop if I break down.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:38 PM
danielo
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to all the time,but sence quad bypss,Moma won't hear of it ,if I can't get someone to go with ,She won't let me go.Can't say that I blame her.If it were reversed I wouldn't let her go by her self.(Its hell to get old.)

Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Almost all my local riding is alone. Just recently a buddy of mine at work got a new Road King so we now commute to work together each day. Part of my commute is still alone cuz he lives at about the half way point on my trip in. So I meet him at an exit ramp and we go the last 30 miles together.

My trip to Sturgis in '07 was with my Dad and we had alot of fun. Just the two of us and it was a great trip. Otherwise any road trips I've done have been alone here in the western states. I don't mind being alone and prefer it in many ways, but the company of a trusted friend or family member isn't something I'd turn down either so just depends.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:45 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

All of my long rides have been solo. They've been 5000 to 8000 miles and lasted two to three weeks.
I've been fortunate and never had a problem that wasn't an easy fix. And the REAL PLUS is having the freedom to choose when and where to travel. Travel pics can be seen at My Harley Site.

Last edited by wldbill; 05-03-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:48 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

love the long trips by myself

Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Most of my ridin is done with my pop. We just get on and go. When we stop, nobody knows. We like it that way. Other times we ride with a pack of friends we've known for the past 40 years. I enjoy both as long as we ride, makes no difference to me. I ride alone as well, when time permits.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
I just want to ride. With myself or with a few friends or in a group. I don't care---I just want to ride. I am never alone because I got a cell phone, credit card, some cash and a fully loaded 45 Ruger. Throw in a bottle of water and I have faith someone will stop if I break down.
Pretty much sums me up too, I've ridden a lot lone wolf both local and long distance, and I've ridden a lot with a group of friends, I prefer to ride by myself on longer trips.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Hog Heaven
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the time I travel with a few buddies but I have to tell you that some of the most enjoyable "trips" I have taken have been when I'm riding alone. Had a 1,000 mile return trek from Sturgis last year by myself and I enjoyed the hell out of it. It's really nice to be able to travel at your own pace, eat and stay where and when you want. Let alone the "random encounters" one may experience just makes traveling by yourself even the more intriguing.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I rode alone halfway back from Sturgis last year. I liked it either way, but alone got better gas mileage and had less stress not having to pace the other guy.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I rode from Canton, OH to Phoenix, AZ 2,061 miles alone and loved every second of it.

Quick Reply: ? for those you prefer to ride alone