General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:24 AM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Riding Pet Peeves

The other day I was riding home and in the fast lane of a two lane highway. I pull up to a light and there sits a white truck that is a rolling billboard sign for Harley. He has a huge bar and shield sticker on the rear window and bumper stickers all over the place. When the light turns green I take off and he catches up. He has a slow moving truck in front of him and we were both picking up speed due to the speed limit increase. I started to think to myself "He won't cut me off, he is one of us" and just as I really started to get into the throttle, he cuts right in front of my fender. I gave him the "what the Hell" hand gesture and he throws his hands up like he didn't know. How could you not know I was sitting right next to him, he looked at me, and he heard me? Anyways I guess what I'm asking is besides guys that have bumper stickers that say "Watch for motorcycles" and don't, what else bugs you guys while riding? Soccer moms on the phone, old people, guys who ask what bugs you.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're invisible, remember? That's my number 1 rule on the road. I would have assumed he would come over, even if I saw him look directly at me. But I understand, I DO tend to trust a Harley rider even in a truck more than I should.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Poorguy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
You're invisible, remember? That's my number 1 rule on the road. I would have assumed he would come over, even if I saw him look directly at me. But I understand, I DO tend to trust a Harley rider even in a truck more than I should.

Great rule.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:41 AM
qwest
Cruiser

Poorly aimed windshield washer fluid.

Cigarette butts flicked indiscriminately.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

"He won't cut me off, he is one of us"

........When U said this to your self....U were askin FUR-IT

Old 05-03-2009, 11:48 AM
monstermidas
Intermediate

i hate tailgaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 11:49 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by qwest
Poorly aimed windshield washer fluid.

Cigarette butts flicked indiscriminately.
+1. Those 2 things bother me the most.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 AM
youngrider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I would say people that leave there blinkers on....that have no intention of turning...so to be safe you hang out behind them just incase they happen to turn

Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Juve996
Road Captain

Happend to me about a week ago. Cruising down the intrstate and going with the flow of traffic and I see it coming, on my left mirror. The truck closes in on me from the left lane next to me from behind and he was coming fast. I look around me to see if I have an escape route as the traffic is moderate on this 5 lane interstate. There is about two car lengths between me and the car to my left and in front of me. All this in about 4 to 5 seconds time. You could see it all developing right? He comes flying by me in the left lane cuts me off by changing lanes between me and the car to my front left. Missed me by about six feet. Black truck speeds off cutting in and out traffic lanes and in the back window what do I see? A flippin HD sticker.. Of course that doesn't mean that he was a rider but I thought to myself, WTF...

Last edited by Juve996; 05-03-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:01 PM
cujo101
Cruiser

Hell, Everyone else on the road seems to bug me in some way or another. I'm just one big ole bundle of road rage.

Quick Reply: Riding Pet Peeves