General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
You're invisible, remember? That's my number 1 rule on the road. I would have assumed he would come over, even if I saw him look directly at me. But I understand, I DO tend to trust a Harley rider even in a truck more than I should.
Took MSF course in late 80's and instructor was an Atlanta motorcycle cop.

He said he was riding down Peachtree St.(most well known street in Atlanta, GA) one day and saw a guy one the curb. He said the guy looked at him, they made eye contact and the guy still stepped out in front of the bike and was hit.

We asked what did he do and he said they checked on the guy to make sure not hurt and wrote him a ticket for jaywalking.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 AM
HDJaco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GPS units stuck to the windshield directly in the drivers line of sight. I figure we are hard enough to see without a 4" square box in their face. Oh, people washing their windshields sucks as well.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 AM
kmac89
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RG-LEE
You know what really bugs me, women flashing me at stop lights. Throws off my game.
That's why I ride

Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 AM
HDJaco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tripwire759
Here is another thing the pisses me off. The photos show what looks like a Fatty.

DESTIN - A man who hit and killed a motorcyclist Friday on U.S. Highway 98 was in diabetic shock during the accident, state troopers said Saturday.
The motorcyclist, 48-year-old John Robert Scott of Pensacola, was killed around 12:30 p.m. in front of Home Depot, about a mile west of Commons Drive, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
He was hit by 64-year-old Stuart Nelson of Sandestin, whose van was "traveling in and out of traffic" before the crash. Charges were listed as pending.
Both men were westbound. Scott had his motorcycle in the outside lane just to the right of the highway's broken dividing line, according to the FHP's crash report. Nelson was behind him, changing from the inside lane to the outside lane when he hit the back of the bike.
Scott was ejected. He was not wearing a helmet, according to the report.
Nelson's van kept heading west, dragging the motorcycle some distance until it dislodged and landed on the north shoulder.
A witness said he took down the van's license plate. Lawmen later stopped Nelson in the parking lot of a Waffle House in Destin, where they said he was unresponsive. Later, they learned he was in diabetic shock, according to the report
Add to my list of pet peeves: Diabetic drivers on their way to breakfast!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:32 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Left lane bandits that won't get the h**l out of the way!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Teenagers who drive like freaking idiots.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:44 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Your riding down the street and you don't have a stop sign. A car is sitting at a stop sign on a side street waiting to cross. Just when you start to get close to them they take their foot off the brake and let the car drift. Never fails to happen around here.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 AM
hatrick4
Advanced
Default pet peeve

inconsiderate smokers who fling their cigs out the windows!!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:39 PM
robbieaz62
Cruiser

People in large vehicles you can't see around who don't use their brakes until the last possible second in heavy freeway traffic. Cops who get right on your a$$ and then blast you with the siren and lights, only to keep going once you pull over. This happened to me a few weeks ago and about scared the crap out of me. Jackass could have easily passed me and then turned on his toys ...

Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM
The Architect
Banned

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Left lane bandits that won't get the h**l out of the way!
That is about 85% of Harley riders around where I reside. They act as if they move over to the right lane they are going to fall off the edge of the earth or something.

Quick Reply: Riding Pet Peeves