General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:33 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

What pisses me off the most is the brake riders, you know the ones, they cant drive at a steady speed and therefore the must keep tapping the brake pedal to slow back down. I never know if they are adjusting their speed or stopping

Old 05-03-2009, 07:45 PM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

there's lots of stuff but if I have to pick on.. it's people on cell phones.. I'm sure there are a number of people who are perfectly able to drive and operate a cell phone.. just.. for some reason, I never see them... I only see the one's who are soooooo freakin' engrossed in talking or texting or whatever...the totally forget they are driving.. like someone else said.. I have a harley plate on my tahoe.. and I'd like to think I always give bikers respect.. but I can screw up as quickly as anyone so.. don't trust me either.. ride like your invisible..

cheers

mavrick

Old 05-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Samber79
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote for asshats on sport bikes who think it's fun to buzz by you at the speed of light.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
What pisses me off the most is the brake riders, you know the ones, they cant drive at a steady speed and therefore the must keep tapping the brake pedal to slow back down. I never know if they are adjusting their speed or stopping
I'm married to one...

Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 PM
DPFhd883
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not be honest. 90% of drivers on the road **** me off. Can't stand the rich @$$holes in their benzes reading the paper and God knows what else I run into every day. That and the people that just drive too slow in the left lane completely oblivious to the 20 car line of traffic behind them. I need a little speed and excitement behind the wheel lol. I got all I need on my baby though. During my daily 20 minute commute I run into pretty much everything that has been mentioned. I do try to be safe and I will say although I'm not immune to bikes, I would cut someone off just so they can't tailgate or harm a biker. I always try to give bikes the respect that I like to get on the road.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Gotta add people who don't secure their load in pickups or on trailers. Had 2 bales of hay come off a trailer in front of me last week in Ohio. Increased the pucker factor for sure.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 PM
thunder_n_steel
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
Same here. And sitting at a red light and the car behind you creeps up a little closer than they should be.
+1 on the creepers...especially hate when they coast up too fast and practically stop at the last moment, just a couple feet from your rear fender...even tapped my brakes numerous time to make sure he sees me...

Old 05-03-2009, 09:02 PM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me tailgaters and people coming tooooo close at a red light.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:06 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

The thing that I hate the very most is when some SOB passes me when I am running at the speed limit, and then slows down so much that I have to come off the cruse controll, or ram into the backend of that a$$ hole. That makes me CRAZY!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:17 PM
superprohero
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Colder than hell out a few weeks ago, my nads recinded up next to my heart to stay warm and there's a kid on a crotch rocket in a white T-shirt and boat shoes on with no socks! Light turns green, he takes off and does a pretty big wheelie. Not only did I consider him a jackass for trying to look cool in a tshirt and boat shoes when it was frickin cold out, but he was doing his wheelie stunt with a young girl on the back!!! Not impressive at all.

Today I leave from a green light and hear a Jap bike getting on it coming at me from the next light. I look over and there's a jackass hard on the throttle with about a 4 yr old kid sitting on the tank in front of him. To make things worse the kid was just wearing shorts and a shirt and the helmet he had on the kid looked like it was 20 sizes too big to where he litteraly looked like a bobblehead!
No helmet law here so nobody in either story had helmets on except the baby.

Quick Reply: Riding Pet Peeves