General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:22 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
shoot........ 90% of the trucks and cars around here, with those decals....are owned by people who have never even SAT on a bike.... ANY bike............I don't trust ANY cager.... (frankly, there's a LOT of bikes I wouldn't trust either)
I was thinking that he was a side walk commando or something. Yes I trusted him which I never do nor do I ride in blind spots. I guess it could have been worse, maybe a guy on a bike cutting me off.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:03 PM
crackitopen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Careless speeders, weavers, and slowpokes.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:20 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda like T shirts , sometimes a HD bumper sticker is all they can afford to own.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:41 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

The stickers/decals dont mean chit!
What pisses me of is when assclowns on bikes fly by you in the same lane.I expect and watch for cars to cut me off.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Focktard
Banned

Women drivers- especially asian and african american. Sorry, but the sterotypes are true.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:52 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Focktard
Women drivers- especially asian and african american. Sorry, but the sterotypes are true.
Asian(any make of car) or white woman driving Suburbans,Tahoes and Escalades!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:57 PM
ronny c.
Tourer

last thur. on a one way 3 lane rd., woman on a cell phone in the far rt. hand lane makes a left turn and never looked. she hit an ultra glide [ brand new] in the saddle bag, knocked the bike out from under the rider. he broke his wrist, bruised ribbs and some road rash on his face. she told the cop she didnt do anything wrong and she hates motorcycles. this will cause some seriouse rode rage.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Here is another thing the pisses me off. The photos show what looks like a Fatty.

DESTIN - A man who hit and killed a motorcyclist Friday on U.S. Highway 98 was in diabetic shock during the accident, state troopers said Saturday.
The motorcyclist, 48-year-old John Robert Scott of Pensacola, was killed around 12:30 p.m. in front of Home Depot, about a mile west of Commons Drive, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
He was hit by 64-year-old Stuart Nelson of Sandestin, whose van was "traveling in and out of traffic" before the crash. Charges were listed as pending.
Both men were westbound. Scott had his motorcycle in the outside lane just to the right of the highway's broken dividing line, according to the FHP's crash report. Nelson was behind him, changing from the inside lane to the outside lane when he hit the back of the bike.
Scott was ejected. He was not wearing a helmet, according to the report.
Nelson's van kept heading west, dragging the motorcycle some distance until it dislodged and landed on the north shoulder.
A witness said he took down the van's license plate. Lawmen later stopped Nelson in the parking lot of a Waffle House in Destin, where they said he was unresponsive. Later, they learned he was in diabetic shock, according to the report

Old 05-03-2009, 05:48 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Up in the canyons, I have been passed by Speed Racer types on their Gixxers or whatever----in the same lane!

Old 05-03-2009, 06:04 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tripwire759
The other day I was riding home and in the fast lane of a two lane highway. I pull up to a light and there sits a white truck that is a rolling billboard sign for Harley. He has a huge bar and shield sticker on the rear window and bumper stickers all over the place. When the light turns green I take off and he catches up. He has a slow moving truck in front of him and we were both picking up speed due to the speed limit increase. I started to think to myself "He won't cut me off, he is one of us" and just as I really started to get into the throttle, he cuts right in front of my fender. I gave him the "what the Hell" hand gesture and he throws his hands up like he didn't know. How could you not know I was sitting right next to him, he looked at me, and he heard me? Anyways I guess what I'm asking is besides guys that have bumper stickers that say "Watch for motorcycles" and don't, what else bugs you guys while riding? Soccer moms on the phone, old people, guys who ask what bugs you.
Just cuz you have the sticker doesn't mean you live by it. I have a buddy who was in traffic and saw a "honk if you love Jesus" sticker so he honked and the dude flipped him off...

Quick Reply: Riding Pet Peeves