Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Motor Officers!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Apendejo
Road Warrior
Received 523 Likes on 296 Posts

A lot of the motors you see here on the SoCal freeways are commuting back and forth to work.
One of the more interesting things I have seen was an LA city police car with the "To Serve and Protect" logo on the door. Someone had very artfully wrote "ourselves" under it with a felt marker. This was quite a few years ago.
AP

Old 05-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by billyp326
Boy don't you just have it all figured out... Like you said you hear "stories" and thats just what they are until you see it happen or know it to happen. And as far as respecting them goes, you don't respect them until you need them for something or they save your behind, right?

Ummm. Actually a cop who was speeding for no reason hit me & cost me my arm....Just sayin'.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:44 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down Highway men LEO

I lived in a Small community in western Oregon South of Portland. There's a Hwy that comes right through town. I remember driving to work on that road only a few miles from work in teh morning, and having a highway patrol car make a U turn in front of me (me following him) speed was 50 posted, he did not signal, and went back the the other direction....no lights or nothing. Sorta pisses a gut off when the LEO guys drive like they own the road.Mind you there was on coming traffic that were headed in his direction as he turned. This was a 2 lane hwy 2 lanes each way...Go figure.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:58 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
I lived in a Small community in western Oregon South of Portland. There's a Hwy that comes right through town. I remember driving to work on that road only a few miles from work in teh morning, and having a highway patrol car make a U turn in front of me (me following him) speed was 50 posted, he did not signal, and went back the the other direction....no lights or nothing. Sorta pisses a gut off when the LEO guys drive like they own the road.Mind you there was on coming traffic that were headed in his direction as he turned. This was a 2 lane hwy 2 lanes each way...Go figure.

Every job has their pros and cons... For LEOs, its one of the perks of the job, just like the perks where you or anyone else works. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the owner/manager/boss, etc. of a company can do things and get away with them more than a typical employee. Might upset you but its just the way life is. Ask yourself this, if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you do the same? Just sayin...

Old 05-02-2009, 06:04 PM
copracer288
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Sorry, it is not an officers responsibility to "serve and protect" you. Stop watching television. An officer's job is to enforce the laws (by arrest or citation), investigate crimes, and testify in court to their findings. Period. There is no mandate, and never has been one, that an officer's primary duty is to protect anyone.

Sorry but you are VERY wrong. There are MANY things Police Officers are "paid to do" besides enforcing laws, investigating crimes and testifying in court.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:36 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow. Whatever police officers say they are paid to do or not.....I wonder what the taxpaying public believes that their police force is paid to do.