General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd time's a charm at Seminole Harley!! Sweet.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:21 PM
407Guy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear about the "deals" at Seminole. I currently go to them for service on my Buell Ulysses. I've been looking at the Street Glide and would like to purchase from them.

Can you give me/us a ballpark estimate on your OTD price compared to MSRP? 5% below? 10% below? At MSRP but with TTL?

I was in there a couple of days ago and it was straight MSRP talk from them. Granted, I wasn't pushing any deal so we really didn't get into any numbers.

The other place I'd look for a new bike is Destination Daytona.... unless someone has an opinion on them and their "deals."

Thanks.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:24 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior

See if there's still a saleman that goes by "smooth" I think his first name is dave.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
kickstart pan
Road Master

Originally Posted by rydermike
See if there's still a saleman that goes by "smooth" I think his first name is dave.
Sounds more like his 2nd name

Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where in Florida are you? Who were the local dealers that didn't measure up? Congrats all around!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,244 Likes on 7,389 Posts

I just drove by their shop on the way home yesterday about 9am. I wish they had been open so I could have got a t-shirt.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 407Guy
Good to hear about the "deals" at Seminole. I currently go to them for service on my Buell Ulysses. I've been looking at the Street Glide and would like to purchase from them.

Can you give me/us a ballpark estimate on your OTD price compared to MSRP? 5% below? 10% below? At MSRP but with TTL?

I was in there a couple of days ago and it was straight MSRP talk from them. Granted, I wasn't pushing any deal so we really didn't get into any numbers.

The other place I'd look for a new bike is Destination Daytona.... unless someone has an opinion on them and their "deals."

Thanks.

Destination Daytona is another one of those Rossmeyer stealerships. Do yourself and your wallet a favor and shop elsewhere. For example, Rossmeyer's has this insane $589 dealer fee on everything from a Sporster to an Ultra. So you're saving that just by not going there. I'm sure there are other dealers out there not slamming you with dealer fees also. Had you sat there at Seminole and really been ready to buy, you'd do quite well on a bike, especially if it's an in-stock model. If you're serious and will slap down some green so they know you're not wasting time, depending on what bike you actually want, I'd comfortably say 1000-1500 off would be a good number for you to use for your calculations. You'll likely do better, but you will likely only do so if you're genuine in your intentions. Keep in mind, shop for in-stock bikes. They need and want to move these and have a better opportunity to do so. Some areas of the country may be so good overall that my experience is not that much of a big deal. It's all relative of course to how your dealers are where you live. Since I've already mentioned how our local dealers SUCK, my experience is from a comparitive perspective. Though ours DO have a bad rep regardless of my experience. Overall it's simply the attitude of the people at Seminole that brings me back. Could merely be a regional thing as the people in central florida have always had a MUCH better demeanor than the people in south florida. Either way, I'll continue to make those 500 round-trip miles to Seminole just because they treat me like an actual customer.

ConnMan, you asked which dealers and where I'm at? You've probably figured it out by now, but for the record, I'm in south florida and the dealers are Rosmeyers and Peterson's. Peterson's by comparison is WAY better than Rossmeyer's. I bought my now-gone Road King from them for MSRP at a time when Rossmeyer's was tacking on 3-5K, However, this time when I went there to get the police bike, they were going to charge me 500 more for the bike than Rossmeyer's because he had to "truck it in from a distant dealer". Little did he know I know the person he was talking to where he was actually going to get the bike, it was 25 miles up the road, at Rossmeyer's!. I walked. Rossmeyer's has 3 dealerships within a 15 mile radius, so what you don't like at one, you won't like at the other 2 because the BS is the same at all 3 places. These dealers seem to feel they have a captive audience because they are the only ones around. If you're too lazy to ride elsewhere to save big money, than yes you are part of that captive audience. I wasn't and will not be. Not just Seminole, but hats off to any of you dealers out there that treat your customers well.

Hope that helps,
Da Butcher

Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 PM
407Guy
Cruiser

Cool, thanks Da Butcher for the info.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Slowpoke84
Road Captain

They were going for the old bobber look of the 50's and I think they nailed it. The only thing I'd change is the chrome primary cover and the plastic seat pan.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Bar_Hopper
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if only we could all go get 3 brand new bikes!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:47 PM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seminole Harley is my local dealer, and I bought my bike from them.

Never had anything less than an excellent experience with them. Good people, and they know how to treat a customer.

In fact, I was just there today having a tire replaced.

Matt

Quick Reply: 3rd time's a charm at Seminole Harley!! Sweet.