General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking at these helmets

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

lone rider: Those are the craziest helmets I've ever seen!! haha, way to cool. I bet they are pretty expensive though, huh?

Deathproof: Did you ever get a picture of you wearign your fulmer helmet? I'm curious to see how it looks.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
lone rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=AdrianVall;4928312]lone rider: Those are the craziest helmets I've ever seen!! haha, way to cool. I bet they are pretty expensive though, huh?

They are retailing at about $630 in the UK, but someone probably airbrushes helmets in the US cheaper.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:41 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lone rider
Or these Davida helmets.
Over $600 is a bit pricey IMO for any helmet with so many others out there to choose from. Plus, have seen one of these in person and looks kinda like this:

The Speedster that they make looks a bit more low profile though..

But seriously, they are a bit too bulbous to be taken seriously. The Fulmers are way better looking and made extremely well even with price not withstanding. Just my .02.

Last edited by DeathProof72; 04-29-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
lone rider: Those are the craziest helmets I've ever seen!! haha, way to cool. I bet they are pretty expensive though, huh?

Deathproof: Did you ever get a picture of you wearing your fulmer helmet? I'm curious to see how it looks.
Will actually be snapping one this weekend, just got mine 2 days ago and haven't had the opportunity to get someone to take a pic yet. Just posted this on a different thread:

"I just got my Fulmer V2, and all I can say is wow.... I mean .... WOW!!!! It is one of the most comfortable 3/4 helmets I have worn, and, while DOT, so it is not skull cap small, it is very small in DOT terms. No bobble head look here. The helmet actually looked like it wouldn't fit at first, because it looks so damned tiny, but once on, it fits like a glove and and looks awesome.

The quality and finish is impressive for a $100 helmet. Paint quality is flawless. The Bobber Green looks even more spectacular in person. When I took it out of the box at the store to try it on, people in the store and working there were crowding around it to look closer (the girl that works there now refers to me as "the guy with the green helmet" when I call, LOL).
The thing sparkles like crazy!!!

I also got a smoke bubble shield, which easily snaps on (did I say old school yet?). Amazingly, I put on the helmet with the shield and topok a ride on the highway. What amazede me even more, was how quiet it was and how little wind buffering I experienced. Because of the unusual shape of the face shield (like an old style astronaut face shield), the wind seems to cut a path around the shield perfectly. The only wind resistance I got was on my chin, but that was most likely because my beard is long and hangs out below the shield. Far from bothersome. I am very sensitive to getting dirt in my eyes (I wear contact lenses), but strangely enough, with the shield on, no bother at all. Even without the shield, helmet looks killer, but I gotta wear sealed shades or goggles.

Well, enough bragging about my new lid, LOL.

I promised pics, and will post soon, just haven't had anyone around to snap one recently. This weekend will try to post pics (with and without shield)..

For now, here are a few poor quality pics I snapped with my phone (Just had to include some old school paraphernalia (my "portable" 8 Track player and tape & one of my "cons")"

Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 AM
r00k
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
All I can think when i see that face shield is cosmonaut.

I'm glad it works well for you, though. I'm strongly considering getting a fulmar after seeing my buddy's dad's.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

hahaha that bubble shield looks crazy cool!! And that sparkle green looks sick man!! Very cool.. I got to try on the one with the US flag on it. It was an XL and was pretty tight. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to those other pics. My girl wants the pink bobber helmet, but she has tiniest head, and it makes her look HUGE! haha

Old 04-29-2009, 11:06 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by r00k
All I can think when i see that face shield is cosmonaut.
Yup, they wore Fulmers too:

Originally Posted by r00k
I'm glad it works well for you, though. I'm strongly considering getting a fulmar after seeing my buddy's dad's
Definitely a worthwhile prurhase. Without the bubble does look a bit more earthbound, LOL......(but I LOVE that shield!)

Only thing is that in certain lighting, it does pick up a small amount of inner reflections, but a small price to pay to live out my childhood fantasy of being an astronaut!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:24 AM
NJ75
Advanced

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
I ordered a biltwell in matte black. Can't wait for it to get it! Im anxious to see how it really fits. I did try a fulmer in XL (I'm normally a L or XL) and it was a pretty tight fit. Kinda squeezed my head. It didn't look to bad, but just not what I was hoping for. Still kinda made my head look a little big.

AdrianVall..I have a Biltwell and love it, I got the gloss black, no bobble head look!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Mr. Moto
Tourer

I have the V2 in blue they are a tight fit. I removed some of the foam. Took a 1000-mile bike trip and helmet worked great. I bought an after market flip up shield from Jafrum.
These shields fit the V2.
http://www.jafrum.com/FlipShield-Fli...4Pa38Ta38OaNj0

Old 04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that Fulmer 3/4 that I use once in a while for running around. More often I'll wear either my Z1R full face flip-up (without windshield) or a polo style half helmet (with withshield). I've been happy with the Z1R - quite comfy, well ventilated, and quiet for a modular. I just like the view a lot more with the half...

Quick Reply: looking at these helmets