General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a lone wolf?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

If I had wanted to ride with a group, I would have bought a Bus, not a Harley.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 PM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LAMing
It's not something I really set out to be, nor do I think it's a macho thing or whatever... just been a loner all my life. Don't get me wrong, I now enjoy interacting with people (or I wouldn't be at this forum)... but I am okay with being by myself.

As a kid... played by myself just fine, thank you.

As a young man I drove semi's nationwide by myself and was absolutely okay with it.

Dirt biking: Fully 90% or more of 100,000+ miles were solo miles. Me and the bike, which is my prefered way to enjoy nature.

Deuce riding: LOVE riding by myself. (Of course, the wife is always welcomed to go along). I HAVE ridden in some groups (and enjoyed the different experience it offers)... but I prefer to be on my own. That way I can spend as much time enjoying a waterfall as I want... or sat alone and savor a particular inspiring vista.

No others to mesh with... take it at my rate. (Fortunately, the wife understands this side of me and does seem to enjoy doing the same when she goes with me on the Deuce.)

In June I will be doing 2500 miles (a meandering trip from eastern OK to Tucson & return)... and LOVE the idea of being on my own. I enjoy solitude and my bikes. I also enjoy solitude and nature.

So, my nature is to enjoy people in reduced doses... but prefer to spend the vast majority of my personal time solo.

Just been that way all my life.
I also drove O.T.R. for over 20 years before my career change. You get used to the solitude afterwhile. All those years on the road with nobody to depend on but yourself kinda mold you as an individual.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Alone, Just like Ivory 99.99% of the time. Cross country is great Alone, Me Myself and I hardly argue and when we do I usually win. Although There was that one time Myself won but I won't go into that, it's to painful a memory.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the time I'm solo riding, like to go and come as I or my split personalities want to.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Jessie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt know how to act around other's in a group so I go SOLO !

Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Most of the time - solo. But I also belong to a riding club that does quite a bit of riding. It's nice when they lead a route to someplace I haven't been or knew of. Like today for example - 225 miles round trip. It depends on whay my mood is that day...

Old 04-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

I got sick of all the whining and crying, praying and obnoxious political correctness so I have ridden alone the past 35 years and LOVE it. Peace and quiet, stop and go when I feel like it. Eat WHERE I want to eat and sleep where I want to sleep.
It's ALL about ME and MY bike now and I sure like it that way.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Marblemania
I got sick of all the whining and crying, praying and obnoxious political correctness so I have ridden alone the past 35 years and LOVE it. Peace and quiet, stop and go when I feel like it. Eat WHERE I want to eat and sleep where I want to sleep.
+1... Thats My style too!

Old 04-26-2009, 08:26 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of my riding is solo. I started out prefering group or a riding buddy or two. Too many times they would cancel or want to do something other than what I started out planing.

I think I am a very social person but the ride itself is much easier alone.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:30 PM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marblemania
I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this. There for awhile I thought maybe I was just f_ _ked up and unsociable. Lord knows I've had enough ex girlfriends who voiced that opinion.

Quick Reply: Are you a lone wolf?