General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: First Impression?
Nice Bike for my Kids
6.64%
I wouldn't be caught dead on it
32.17%
It will increase the value of my HD
9.09%
Looking like a chopper doesn't make it a chopper!!
31.12%
I need to quit judging people by what they ride
20.98%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Honda to Take on Harley Davidson?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:10 PM
NFFN
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may **** on it, if it was on fire............
wait, no i wouldn't.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by scoteh
Same old Fury thread with basically the same Honda enthusiasts. Go to a Honda forum to talk about a Honda. Some of you seriously need to get rid of your HD (if you really have one, that is), buy the Honda of your choice, and go talk bad about HD's on Honda.com. If you have more than one brand, remember which forum you're on before you open your mouth.
Yeap, mutual respect goes a long way.

Some like blondes others like brunettes. Some like bald, some like airstrip, some likes full brush. But I love them all as long as they are fresh

Last edited by rockDAWG; 05-01-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Same old Fury thread with basically the same Honda enthusiasts. Go to a Honda forum to talk about a Honda. Some of you seriously need to get rid of your HD (if you really have one, that is), buy the Honda of your choice, and go talk bad about HD's on Honda.com. If you have more than one brand, remember which forum you're on before you open your mouth.

Edit: Of course, I'm only speaking to a limited number of responders here!

Old 05-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Lockman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cowboy1
Production customs have a certain degree of similarity to them but any bike can stand out with the right work done to it.
Production custom? That's a new oxymoron! Let me write that one down.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:47 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lockman
Production custom? That's a new oxymoron! Let me write that one down.
Hey I didn't make the term up...it does sound stupid though...oxymornon..isn't that the stuff that Rush got hooked on? LOL...Oh wait thats Moron hooked on Oxycotin...

Anyway I called my chopper a chopper even though I didn't chop the frame...maybe I should call it, made from a combination of purchased and shop fabricated parts that were modified to fit the specific bike...**** - chopper was good enough for me...

Old 05-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Rocker_C
Cruiser

Because I haven't sold my VTX1800 yet I still go to the VTXOA Forum some times. A lot of what is being said here about the Fury is being said there. Of course they are not putting down metrics but some are upset that Honda closed its motorcycle factory in Ohio. But now that the bike is hitting dealer's show room there are reports of being five or six people trying to get the same bike. Honda is telling dealers they will only get 4 each this year. Looks like they are selling even in hard times.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally don't like that bike and feel Honda should stop trying to imitate American v twin customs and go back to their grassroots. I would love to see them start building the original Valkyrie again, not that ugly Rune.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 PM
utrvp
Tourer

Originally Posted by kabluie
The problem with Honda builing a chopper is that there is going to be a bunch of them. There's no indivualism to them.
There are a ton of choppers out there already anyway. I don't see this bike competing with Harley Davidson so much as competing with the custom chopper market. Seems to me if you want a unique bike keep it stock. I didn't answer the poll as there was no reply that I agreed with. To me if Honda can sell it then more power to them. Ride what you like. It doesn't matter to me what anyone rides. My friends all ride an assortment of bikes of all makes and models. Most are touring, sport touring or cruisers. i like what rockDAWG said."May the best product win"!

Old 05-02-2009, 03:22 PM
ronnny
Intermediate

And how many times does someone want to be asked if that is a harley? There is a reason why thier are more harleys in our parking lot than our brand we can get a discount on. We do not make them but get the discount and still 3-2 most days.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

I went to the Honyamkawzuki shop today with my son. He had to take back some Krappyakin grips that didn't fit his 82 GL500 (he is only 20). I didn't see anything that looked like a chopper. I did see a lot of Fakesters and Dynaclones.
They were setting up for some sort of event when some dickwad in a Triumph shirt started complaining about the "fake Harely" in his way. The lady helping him set up back-handed him in the mouth and said "Don't you EVER talk about a V-rod like that again. You do, you're fired."
I got on my V-rod and left, with the GL500 right behind me.

Quick Reply: Honda to Take on Harley Davidson?