General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idea that might help numb fingers

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:33 PM
rowdy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Idea that might help numb fingers

One of my cows was constipated really bad. So I ran my hand up there and zap!
I dont know what it was but it hit me like fire. I pulled my hand out and there was
an electric eel that had bit my hand and wouldnt let go. I was kicking and screaming
and flailing aroung for what seemed like an eternity. Finally got it off but my hand
has not been the same since. I get this weird twitch every time my headlight first
turns on.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:40 PM
71tradewind
Tourer

ORIGINAL: scrappy883r

I love this on my bike. When my hand needs a rest I can use the side of my hand or palm. It came with my grips. It helps alot having that on my sportster.
^^^^^ These things work great for carpal tunnel problems too. I highly recommend these to anyone having problems numbness in thier hands.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Bluerose

Have iso grips and both hands were numb after 4 hours. Might have been my grip though --first long trip on the new scoot. Didn't have that problem when I got home after a much longer ride and a bit more relaxed.

Still trying to get the throttle rocker adjusted just right.

Will probably get the electromagnetic cruise from Kuryakyn (so those who get them keep us posted).

Old 05-18-2006, 02:13 AM
rrlavigne
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: rowdy

One of my cows was constipated really bad. So I ran my hand up there and zap!
I dont know what it was but it hit me like fire. I pulled my hand out and there was
an electric eel that had bit my hand and wouldnt let go. I was kicking and screaming
and flailing aroung for what seemed like an eternity. Finally got it off but my hand
has not been the same since. I get this weird twitch every time my headlight first
turns on.
An electric eel ... In your COW??!! My god that's something you don't hear about every day!

In regard to numb hands ... depending on the style of bike it's probably not the right look ... but if you have a windshield you can ride with a much more relaxed grip. Just something to consider.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain

I have done many things on the bike and felt OK with trying them out and leaping into uncharted waters, so to speak. I try to do everything myself to make it "mine". But, for some strange reason, I am terrified of changing the grips. I can't explain it. It's just one of those things. What do you say? Just dive in?????
BA

Old 05-18-2006, 02:43 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

ORIGINAL: atrox88

I'm willing to try something different. My problem has been my middle and index fingers. They are constantly tingling now 24/7. Ah I don't care. Just one more thing to deal with.
You have carpel tunnel syndrome....see a doctor. They will give you a brace to wear at night and some stretching exercises that will help.
Heather is right. It is carpel tunnel syndrome. Different riding positions aggravate it worse than others. After an hour of riding my sport bike, four of my fingers on my right hand would be completely numb. I talked with a friend that was a physical therapist and he recommended a stretching excercise that really made a difference. Take the four fingers of the affected hand and pull them back towards your wrist and hold them for around ten seconds, then release. Do that several times before you ride and the numbing sensation will be greatly reduced. There were times when I forgot to do that, I would stop and take a break, stretch my fingers and I would be fine after that. Try it!

Old 05-18-2006, 08:22 PM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

neighbor just had carpal tunnel surgery. Apparently this is a new, easier & more effective surgery. Local anesthetic, awake during the surgery, hurt like hell for a day and the Dr. claims that you can resume normal use in five days. I'm gonna wait another week and if it works as promised I'll be going in for the same thing...

Old 05-19-2006, 02:17 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master

It may, or may not be the beginnings of Carpal Tunnel. I get that tingling within the first 30-45 minutes of Hi-way driving. I love my Kury throttle boss, and the kury grips.
HOWEVER, I use the Kury ThrottleBoss for 50-60 mph highway driving, when cruise control is not really needed, and it helps tremendously. On the open roads, Cruise Control is the answer. You can rest your hand(s) on the handlebars and just guide it. Those 2 things solved my problems. I'm sure those plastic doo-dads will help alot if you have the tendancy to have the Hand Grip Suicide Grip some folks have.

The plastic Kury's are smaller http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/st...=4&ID=67973443
but I've seen larger, wider ones, just can't remember the maker.

I do 700-800+ mile days and no problems.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:26 AM
hd2000
Tourer

Kuryakyns throttle boss. Its easy and very comfortable on long trips.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Baalz
Advanced

I suffered numb hands quite a bit until i changed out the stock grips with thicker ones. My large hands were wraping around the grips to much which was putting to much stress on the bottom inside of my fingers.

Quick Reply: Idea that might help numb fingers