General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found good exhaust tone

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009 | 08:49 PM
jefnightrain
|
Tourer
Default Found good exhaust tone

I think I have finally come up with the exhaust sound I have been hunting for. Nice & deep, good sound & slightly obnoxoius. I have the V&H BSS on my night train with the quiet baffles. I took the wrapping off the baffles & cut the baffles right near the front where the solid disk is. Still has that quiet baffle deep rumble but much louder. On the test ride, I set off 2 car alarms on 1 street. I say "sweet". My wife says "You are so juvenile".

Old 04-24-2009 | 09:02 PM
RBWIDE
Road Master

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
I think I have finally come up with the exhaust sound I have been hunting for. Nice & deep, good sound & slightly obnoxoius. I have the V&H BSS on my night train with the quiet baffles. I took the wrapping off the baffles & cut the baffles right near the front where the solid disk is. Still has that quiet baffle deep rumble but much louder. On the test ride, I set off 2 car alarms on 1 street. I say "sweet". My wife says "You are so juvenile".
I LOVE doing that. Whenever it happens I'm laughing my a$$ off. Guess I'm juvenile too.

Old 04-26-2009 | 09:31 PM
20FXST06
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
Jeff, Just did the same thing to mine with one exception. Instead of cutting the baffle at the solid disk, I drilled a 1/2" hole through the disk. Sounds awesome.

Old 05-05-2009 | 05:58 PM
jefnightrain
|
Tourer

I thought of drilling a hole thru the disk, right after I cut them off. I wish I had thought of it before I cut them. It would be interesting to compare the exhaust notes between the 2 bikes.

Old 05-05-2009 | 06:00 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RBWIDE
I LOVE doing that. Whenever it happens I'm laughing my a$$ off. Guess I'm juvenile too.
Guess we're all juveniles...hehe...at least not delinquents.

Old 05-05-2009 | 07:33 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

I did the same thing with mine. There are three tack welds holding the cap on, I ground them off and knocked the caps out, I left the wrapping on though.
We each need to post video so we can hear if there are any differences between the three.