General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley has pulled the plug on the following models

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 03:33 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Harley has pulled the plug on the following models

Damn, do not take it personal.......Nobody knows where all this info comes from or, knows you personally. It is just pretty natural of a board with 10,000 + members to ask questions like where this info comes from. I am sure you would to ask these same questions. No one is directly calling you a liar, they just do not have all the info. I have no reason to doubt you.......or, believe you. I appreciate the info, and if needed I will now look for further info into the subject.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:38 PM
chappy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: lapisblue

Well, that is all fine and dandy but the fact of the matter is Harley is dropping the FLST, FXSTS, AND FXDC. With the source I have I would put the title of my bike up backing this info. And no, I am not going to name drop, he would be very upset.

To put the title of your bike up to back this info, is just plain foolishness!

If this guy is in so tight with H-D MoCo, why don't you ask Him, to answer your questions from another one of your threads?
quote;
"Are you required to take your bike to the dealer you purchased it from for problems that arise?"
"Can I take the bike to any dealer I want if my dealer refuses to fix a problem on a bike that is one month old?"

Again, if you're ready to put the tile of your bike on the info given by this "In The Know" guy, then surely you can trust his answer more than any one else. Just don't give his name! lol & lol

To quote you again, Because I agree with your earlier summary ".......HMMMMMMM!"

chappy

Old 05-06-2006, 03:40 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 05-06-2006, 03:42 PM
scooterbooter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just because noone mentioned it yet.

Perhaps they are just dropping (for example) the FLST, but NOT the FLSTI. In other words, just the carburated models and leaving the EFI versions. Probably because of increasing EPA regulations on emissions. When I checked on the MOCO website, each of the bikes listed here, also has an EFI counterpart with the same designation, but with the letter I afterwards. This would be quite a likely scenario.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:44 PM
lapisblue
Tourer

Chappy my man! If someone talked to me like that face to face I'm afraid he would be spitting teeth. It was just some inside info I wanted to share with the people on this forum. If you don't like to read this kind of news , just pass up the post and move on. I'm not bragging that I know more than you. My intentions were not to make you look uninformed. It was just a FYI..............Jeeezzzzz, give it a rest!

Old 05-06-2006, 03:48 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member

There ya go........probably hit the nail on the head
ORIGINAL: scooterbooter

Perhaps they are just dropping (for example) the FLST, but NOT the FLSTI. In other words, just the carburated models and leaving the EFI versions. Probably because of increasing EPA regulations on emissions. When I checked on the MOCO website, each of the bikes listed here, also has an EFI counterpart with the same designation, but with the letter I afterwards. This would be quite a likely scenario.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:53 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: scooterbooter

Reasonable and likely.

chappy

Old 05-06-2006, 03:54 PM
lapisblue
Tourer

Sorry guy's, my sparring session is over for now. I'm riding my scooter up the coast to Pensacola. Perfect weather for riding......I suggest you guy's get off of your ***' , turn the computers off, and take a ride. I don't know how you put any miles on your bikes typing away on here all day! RUBS??

Old 05-06-2006, 04:01 PM
William
Tourer

blah blah blah blah

Old 05-06-2006, 04:13 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: lapisblue

Chappy my man! If someone talked to me like that face to face I'm afraid he would be spitting teeth. It was just some inside info I wanted to share with the people on this forum. If you don't like to read this kind of news , just pass up the post and move on. I'm not bragging that I know more than you. My intentions were not to make you look uninformed. It was just a FYI..............Jeeezzzzz, give it a rest!
This is Top Shelf Funny!
Welcome to the HD Forums Comedy Club.

chappy

Quick Reply: Harley has pulled the plug on the following models