General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loyal to harley.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 09:05 PM
ronny c.
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loyal to harley.

had to go in the metric bike shop in town to pick up some amsoil,[harley dealer dont sell it] and got to eyeballing this fake ultra glide on the floor wondering why harley doesnt sue them, when a salesman comes up and asked what i ride. i said a harley, he said are you ready to trade it in on this one today? i was outraged, disguisted beyond words, i mean i was insulted. i never realized i was that loyal to h.d. till those emotions washed over me. i kept my cool and said, harleys get in your blood and you just cant cheat on them. he looked at me like i was crazy and chuckled at me. i told him maybe ide be back for a dirt bike or an a.t.v., but if i trade my harley itll be for another harley. i was surprised at my own reaction, anybody had a similer experience?

Old 04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You mean like when Honda released the first Shadows in 82 and ya wanted to knock those guy off of them and beat them to a pulp?

nope.....never felt that

Old 04-18-2009, 09:15 PM
captain m
Road Master
Cool

Originally Posted by ronny c.
had to go in the metric bike shop in town to pick up some amsoil,[harley dealer dont sell it] and got to eyeballing this fake ultra glide on the floor wondering why harley doesnt sue them, when a salesman comes up and asked what i ride. i said a harley, he said are you ready to trade it in on this one today? i was outraged, disguisted beyond words, i mean i was insulted. i never realized i was that loyal to h.d. till those emotions washed over me. i kept my cool and said, harleys get in your blood and you just cant cheat on them. he looked at me like i was crazy and chuckled at me. i told him maybe ide be back for a dirt bike or an a.t.v., but if i trade my harley itll be for another harley. i was surprised at my own reaction, anybody had a similer experience?
No...They all look at me with envy !!!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,289 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Outraged and disgusted?

Order your Amsoil online or buy it someplace else, give your support to someone who supports you.

Last edited by Toypuller; 04-18-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:26 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

First off I aint going in no metric shop ..

They sure aint got no two wheeler I want in any of 'em ..

Old 04-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Fogoms
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ronny c.
got to eyeballing this fake ultra glide on the floor wondering why harley doesnt sue them, when a salesman comes up and asked what i ride. i said a harley, he said are you ready to trade it in on this one today? i was outraged, disguisted beyond words, i mean i was insulted.
Let me get this right...you're in a bike dealership "eyeballing" one of their bikes and a salesman walks up to you...well that alone would have pissed me off. Never heard of such insolence. Hell, what kind of salesman would do that? You mean he even tried to sell you a bike???? He should be fired. Next you'll probably tell me that when he learned you ride a Harley he didn't drop to the floor and lick your boots.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:10 PM
ronny c.
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fogoms
Let me get this right...you're in a bike dealership "eyeballing" one of their bikes and a salesman walks up to you...well that alone would have pissed me off. Never heard of such insolence. Hell, what kind of salesman would do that? You mean he even tried to sell you a bike???? He should be fired. Next you'll probably tell me that when he learned you ride a Harley he didn't drop to the floor and lick your boots.
you missed the point genius, its about the thought of trading my harley not anything the salesman did or said. read slower, take your time.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:15 PM
JDB
Cruiser
Default what are you doing

They put that same amsoil in those metric motorcycles also, it may contaminate your harley. It has already happened to mine, everytime I work on it I find more metric bolts.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:42 PM
spaniardguy102
Cruiser

Yeah I get ya man, metrics trying their best to mimic Harley's, why you ask? Because people buying a metric cruiser will usually say something like "I like Harley's but theyre too expensive, these Honda's look almost exactly the same and cost half!". Moral: all other cruisers besides Harley's are knockoffs of Harley's themselves...the image of the cruiser is owned by HD, and all other companies are using this image to sell plastic two wheelers.
---Oh, and I got a huge asz Harley Davidson tattoo last summer, the 2nd year Ive owned my '07 Nightster, now if that aint brand loyalty/obsession I dont know what is, lol.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fogoms
Unbelievable!!! Gather the townspeople -- burn the scum!!!!!

*I think somebody needs to relax and unwind before going out in public.

Quick Reply: Loyal to harley.