General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loyal to harley.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't care about metrics and will likely never own one again (been on Harleys for almost 30 years), but I wouldn't have gotten mad about it. I probably would have chuckled and just said no.

The only time I got mad about it was when Yamaha came out with the Virago - the first modern Jap v-twin. The tag line in their advertising was "The only thing the v-twin has been missing until now is Yamaha engineering." That pissed me off then and pisses me off today.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:10 AM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluzmn59
I don't care about metrics and will likely never own one again (been on Harleys for almost 30 years), but I wouldn't have gotten mad about it. I probably would have chuckled and just said no.

The only time I got mad about it was when Yamaha came out with the Virago - the first modern Jap v-twin. The tag line in their advertising was "The only thing the v-twin has been missing until now is Yamaha engineering." That pissed me off then and pisses me off today.
+1 Thank You very much

Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 AM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by swordy
never had a problem, my mate was a tech at honda until he killed himself on a blade last year,so i would go n see him 4 a hand if i couldnt get a bit on the hd. the guy that owns the trumpet garage is a friend, he used to have my bike on show at dealers till i floged it on, i no a lot of street fighter pilots as i used to drag race jap so no problems, they take the pizz alot about my tractor but as i tell em if they could afford 1 they would have 1
I'm reminded of a line from ******:

"Speak English to me Tony, I thought this country spawned the f****n' language and so far nobody seems to speak it."

Cheers!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:20 AM
turn8a
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluzmn59

I miss Zappa!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turn8a
I miss Zappa!
Cosign.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Vector
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Skrimshaw
I get all the attention at the lights, I get all the questions, and I get all the girls over 15, looking at my bike at the shows. What I have learned, the only people who don't like a harley, either can't afford one or never rode one!
I don't like rice rockets, but I can't agree with you. My friends all ride crotch rockets and they get most of the attention from the sub 30 crowd, while the older crowd seems to like my bike better.

And no, not everyone wants a Harley. My friends don't even want to ride my bike. That's fine by me though, I'd rather keep it to myself.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 AM
smokeygold
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stratoliner

I remember when the Stratoliner first came out. My friend who bought one told me "these are going to do some real damage to Harley". Three years later, and they still have left overs from the first year on the floor! The only damage they will do is if they hit a Harley!
Come to think of it...my friend spends more time at the Harley store eating the free food during open houses than riding his metric!!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Vatorman
Tourer

Metrics caused Harley to do some serious quality control due to losing market share. Just like the auto industry, metrics played their part in making HD the company it is today.
Competition makes any business stronger. Look at Indian. HD put them out of business.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Ultra110
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by spaniardguy102
good for you man...now get off Harley Davidson forums and join a KTM forum...
Dude.. A bit harsh don't you think? I can remember when You were lookin for a little love here......
All teh bikes have their own pros and cons...Personally i think the whole HD media thing has created a few big ego's....
I like my HD as much as I like my metrics... they have their own personalities...Each to his own....Jes Sayin

Old 04-20-2009, 09:24 AM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vatorman
Metrics caused Harley to do some serious quality control due to losing market share. Just like the auto industry, metrics played their part in making HD the company it is today.
Competition makes any business stronger. Look at Indian. HD put them out of business.

So competition made Indian stronger by going out of business twice?

Just jerking your chain. I agree competition speaks volumes. As does the fact that Harley holds resale value better then any of the metrics could dream of.

Quick Reply: Loyal to harley.