General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loyal to harley.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Heritage123
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode a V-Star 1100 Classic for seven years. I rode it all over the Eastern USA. It was a good bike - no mechanical problems whatsoever. I made it my own, it looked good, I got many compliments over the years on it, but I will say without reservation that it does not even begin to compare with the qaulity of my Heritage. That's why I was willing to pay the bigger bucks for it. I could have bought another metric, but I didn't want to pay that much for a lot of plastic. I'm not saying that metrics are junk in any way shape nor form, but I am saying that If I'm going to spend a bunch of my hard earned cash on a bike, it's going to be a bike with some metal and some soul. Just sayin...

Old 04-19-2009, 03:13 PM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..metric vrs. HD..say what ya will, but it's all about the sound that's the clincher for most..

Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Goes deeper than that sound ..

Harleys have a history and heritage that runs deep in the bikes and in the folk who ride them .. If Harleys could have a soul , they would have one .. They are alive and breathing pieces of machinery .. They have something that other brands dont have ..

A Harley is timeless , you can look at the current models and see lines from the 30's ,40's , fifties sixties and seventies all intertwined together in a masterpiece of beauty ..

The imitators can try to make em look like a Harley , but an experienced eye can tell the fakir from a long way off ..

Old 04-19-2009, 08:53 PM
psyco1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leicafish
This is probally the only topic everyone on this board will agree. Once on a Harley there is no turing back.
I am, a Sportster for a KTM Supermoto, I'm trading up.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 PM
spaniardguy102
Cruiser

Originally Posted by psyco1
good for you man...now get off Harley Davidson forums and join a KTM forum...

Old 04-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Dustball
Road Master

Originally Posted by psyco1

I had a 'toomer years ago and learned real fast that KTM stood for Keeps Taking Money. With the Sporty there was at least hope for you...

Old 04-20-2009, 04:08 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

never had a problem, my mate was a tech at honda until he killed himself on a blade last year,so i would go n see him 4 a hand if i couldnt get a bit on the hd. the guy that owns the trumpet garage is a friend, he used to have my bike on show at dealers till i floged it on, i no a lot of street fighter pilots as i used to drag race jap so no problems, they take the pizz alot about my tractor but as i tell em if they could afford 1 they would have 1

Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
You mean like when Honda released the first Shadows in 82 and ya wanted to knock those guy off of them and beat them to a pulp?

nope.....never felt that
Actually, it was the V45 Magna. I was one of "those guys".

Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by schumacher
I've owned many diff makes in my riding career, and have had metrics after I have had some of my Harley's.
What makes HD's the most appealing for me though, is after you have that first one, they're always in the back of your mind.
After owning these last 2 moco's, I'm back with HD for good I think. Quality has vastly improved since the other 2 I owned, and it's nice to ride something that actually keeps it's value.
+1 for the keeps their value.. not the only reason why I ride Harleys but.. I sold my 86 for more than I purchased it for. (not what I had in it but more than I paid for it)... you show me a metric streetbike you can do that with.

Well you might be able to but I don't know of any.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:47 AM
turn8a
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ToastedGoat
+1 for the keeps their value.. not the only reason why I ride Harleys but.. I sold my 86 for more than I purchased it for. (not what I had in it but more than I paid for it)... you show me a metric streetbike you can do that with.

Well you might be able to but I don't know of any.
your right but there are some like the 1980 suzuki katana or the older 2 stroke street bikes. Than you have some of the grey market bikes like the yamaha rz500 or the suzuki rg500.

Last edited by turn8a; 04-20-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Loyal to harley.