General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loyal to harley.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Skrimshaw
Many of my friends drive Jap bikes, and I even ride with a few crotch rockets. They try to convince the Jap bikes are as good or better than Harley...I always respond "Give me one reason why?" Salesman are asses (I am one myself). They have to put down Harley to make their inferior product seem half-way decent.
I get all the attention at the lights, I get all the questions, and I get all the girls over 15, looking at my bike at the shows. What I have learned, the only people who don't like a Harley, either can't afford one or never rode one!

Give you one reason, OK.... In owning both Harley and Metric I can honestly say the required maintenance on my Harley is well beyond my Yamaha machines because I don't have to worry about constantly tightening things up and I don't care if Loc-Tite is used or not. I have had 4 recalls or TSB's on my Harley and zero on the metrics. Oh, wait, that's two, shall I continue......LOL

As far as comments go, I get way more on my flashy Yamaha sportbike than I do the Harley because everybody has a Harley around here. In the 5 years I have owned the bike pictured I have never seen another on the road and very likely won't at this point. Funny how people can afford a Harley and buy what they want. Oh, then, if it's a case of you telling folks that a Harley lasts so long and you can always get parts. The last picture is a 1993 1500 Goldwing with 140,000 miles on it and there has been one major problem with it over the 16 years of its life, an alternator went out. That bike hauls a rather larger trailer too.

Attached Thumbnails Loyal to harley.-spring-2007.jpg   Loyal to harley.-the-kentucky-burner.jpg   Loyal to harley.-1993-1500-gold-wing.jpg  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've owned many diff makes in my riding career, and have had metrics after I have had some of my Harley's.
What makes HD's the most appealing for me though, is after you have that first one, they're always in the back of your mind.
After owning these last 2 moco's, I'm back with HD for good I think. Quality has vastly improved since the other 2 I owned, and it's nice to ride something that actually keeps it's value.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate Harleys. Harleys suck. Would'nt be caught dead on one.
And Harley riders dress funny.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
I hate Harleys. Harleys suck. Would'nt be caught dead on one.
And Harley riders dress funny.

yeh, like frikkin gay pirates er somethin

Old 04-19-2009, 10:07 AM
turn8a
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no loyalty ,I just like motorcycles what ever brand they might be.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Can't blame the Japanese for copying something that is right. Next time, just tell him, "no thanks", get your oil, and leave. After all, you were the one eyeballing the bike.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 AM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

My Dad bought a V-star from local metric dealer a few years ago. I have bought some sleds there and deal with them quite bit myself. Anyway turns out the sales woman that sold my Dad his bike has a Harley herself, one day her and I were giving my Dad a hard time about riding a ricer in the ricer dealership. LOL

I just like to ride, and Harley is my choice of bike to ride. To all their own.

I would probably be more loyal to Harley, if I had not seen so many leathers say Harley on the outside and made in Taiwan on in the inside. Or so many Metric bolts on my bike.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:00 PM
jr_c6
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by faber
I love my Harley, and there is nothing else like it. But I look elsewhere for my religion.
Great line.

I really like Harleys, but I've decided I love riding more than the bike.

Last edited by jr_c6; 04-19-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

If I had plenty of $$$$$$$$, I guess I would own one of every kind of motorcycle that is made. I love them all! I don't have unlimited funds, soooooooo I have to buy the one brand that I like the best. That would be a Harley-Davidson, by far!!!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:24 PM
RG-LEE
Advanced

Originally Posted by skootchnc

Half of the Harley Dealership I park my Road Glide in front of... except for the paid greeters up front, NO one walks up to me to say "hi... can I help you?"
Isn't that the truth. Any time I want to feel invisible I just go to my Harley Dealer.

Quick Reply: Loyal to harley.