General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I know why they call them Stealers...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ace07FXDL
Well, the folks in milwaukee say that it never would have worked if it was like this from the factory so my claim is denied. I told her that she was wrong and I obviously had a working light until this happened at 5300 miles and she said that was it and there was no one to appeal that decision too. So thats how the MoCo views me as a customer I guess. I can accept that as its only $90 but my faith in the MoCo is gone. I can honestly say I will be looking at something other than a HD for my next purchase. No appeal? Does senior management at HD even care about things like this?
I think I would have kindly explained to the lady that since H-D did not want to cover a part under warranty on my motorcycle, they could count on never getting another dime from me. I would have further explained that since it appears anything that comes up on this bike, H-D appears to not honor its warranty, then any and all work done to said bike would be done by a licensed independant shop in the future.

I hate being mistreated as much as anyone but I have being called a liar even worse. If you have the extended warrnaty, I'd march right into the dealer and cancel that and get what moey I could back for it. They will pro-rate it, though. Take that leftover money and put into a savings account and hold it for anything which might come up later.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is exactly why I never buy extended warranty protection. Why? They don't cover the initial warranty.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:17 PM
2Sore
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the folks in milwaukee say that it never would have worked if it was like this from the factory so my claim is denied. I told her that she was wrong and I obviously had a working light until this happened at 5300 miles and she said that was it and there was no one to appeal that decision too. So thats how the MoCo views me as a customer I guess. I can accept that as its only $90 but my faith in the MoCo is gone. I can honestly say I will be looking at something other than a HD for my next purchase. No appeal? Does senior management at HD even care about things like this?
I think that all MoCo's of any brand are getting that way...it's the dealer that takes the hit to keep you as a customer. You should read the GW boards..some guys won't ever buy another Honda.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

That was just wrong....Bu11 Chit is what it is... should be a warranty issue and nothing else....

Old 04-21-2009, 11:39 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

I think you mentioned in a previous post that the below dealer is the dealer that denied your warranty coverage, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think everybody should keep this in mind because they will probably get the same treatment from them, pretty sad that a Harley Davidson representative backed them up.

I would call Harley Davidson again and speak to another rep, hopefully they have one that has a technical background with some common sense, this is clearly a warranty issue that they should cover.

Theres currently only 3,060 views to your post, can you also post what happened here in the North East section of the forum: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/north.../?daysprune=-1, with a link back to this page.

Performance Harley-Davidson
807 N. Geddes Street Syracuse NY 13204
Phone: 315.471.1157 Fax: 315.471.1066
Map: http://*******.com/dcy234

Last edited by WS6 Formula; 04-22-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: updated current views
Old 04-22-2009, 01:10 AM
rongvk
3rd Gear
Default local service options?

So how do I find a local 'wrench' for my '08 Dyna. It's due it's 5k check up and the local dealer wants $400 for the service. I know they tighten everything down and do an inspection, but still that seems really rich. Any experiences using local independants instead of the dealer on standard service visits?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 AM
pugs
Tourer

I would try again too. If no better answer i would let them know that not only will you no longer be spending money with them, but that you will spread the word and inform the BBB. I know that it is only 90.00, but the principle is crappy, especially from a company whose claim to fame is brand loyalty. I am a cynic, but I am also suspicious that the dealer's mechanic may have done something, since "it would never have been able to work like that."