General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I know why they call them Stealers...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kickstart pan
Why didn't you fix it your self ??
Why would you expect someone to work for free ?
Do you work for free ?
It's wear and tear from normal vibration and use.
As far as the dealer is concerned, you made a purchase and you got what you bought. What else do they owe you ?
You want them to wipe your nose too ?
Get over it.
Check your bike from time to time and learn to maintain your ride.
You did get a tool kit and manual didn't you ?
hey Dipsh&t - what part of 2 year warranty don't you understand or are they too big of words for you? I can try and draw you a picture if that would help your obviously limited cognitive abilities? You must work for the dealer if your that stupid. Are you in-bred or something? Can you actually read and understand all the words in the warranty? Go ask mommie to read to you a bit more and wipe the snot off your face. Yes, believe it or not I actually expect the MoCo to live up to their warranty on their product. I guess you accept getting screwed alot? I don't.

Last edited by Ace07FXDL; 04-19-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Ace07FXDL
This all makes sense now. I'm not happy about this but its $90 and its all in perspective. I just post my experience here and ask for some contact info to appeal to someone in Milwaukee on this. Here's what happened:

Riding my bike the other day and all is fine. All of a sudden my headlight goes out. Oh sh&t I say and thik its a fuse. Its not. The bike is a 2008 Screamin Eagle Road King with 5,000 miles on it. Never been touched by anyone but the dealer. Once for passing lamp installation and I think I had them do my 1000. Anyway, I bring it in to have it fixed this morning and explain the problem and what happened fully expecting this to be under warranty. I stick around a bit, maybe 45 minutes and Im watching the mechanic work on my bike, hooking it up to test equipment, going to get the SM and when I asked for an update I get "well, this is giving us some problems, we don't know what it is" I say OK , Iam going home and call me. So they call me a couple hours later and I come down to get it and the guy says "well we got almost two hours on this I have to charge you $90" I am like WTF! How is this my problem?...he starts saying about how the light never should have worked because a contact was corroded and not plugged in correctly..............ALL BS ofcourse......I drove it off the lot last year did I ???...Man, Im pissed....its not the money so much but its the fact I am a customer and I dont like being screwed for pennies.... First, how many people have walked in lately and bought $30000 motorcycles from you? I tell him calmly I disagree and ask how this could be my fault.....he has no answer....I say well I will be calling Milwakeee on monday to complain....NOw he satrts sayging ...."well let me talk to the owner on monmday and see if I can get you store credit or something".....That tell me he knows he's wrong but because his mechanic took too long to find the issue I eat it?...I dont think so......If anyone has warranty coverage phone number let me know....I cant let crooked dealers keep screwing their reputation and costing them customers.....over $90???? is that good business...? Sorry for the rant but Im hot...

Why didn't you fix it your self ?? It's under warranty.
Why would you expect someone to work for free ? Warranty should pay for it.
Do you work for free ?
It's wear and tear from normal vibration and use. No it isn't.
As far as the dealer is concerned, you made a purchase and you got what you bought. What else do they owe you ? Warranty coverage
You want them to wipe your nose too ?
Get over it.
Check your bike from time to time and learn to maintain your ride. Come on......What are you suppose to do, check all of your electrical connections too?
You did get a tool kit and manual didn't you ?
Read "all" of the bold print above..........

Old 04-19-2009, 07:14 PM
kickstart pan
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Read "all" of the bold print above..........
You guys are right, I didn't read enough of the post.
I re-read it and now see that both of you are from New York.
I understand
thanks and enjoy your bikes

Old 04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

I understand

Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,539 Likes on 932 Posts

I understand

Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wulffe
Bought a Catera from a local dealer that sells all upscale ... Porsche, Ferrari, etc. 1st year for the Catera and the design on the ashtray was terrible - wouldn't open. Needed replacement ... actually needed it twice. The second time I brought it in Imentioned that there was something wrong with the trunk light. They replaced the bulb during the second service call (4 weeks after purchase) and presented me with a $17 bill. I could've replaced the d_mn bulb.

Raied a stink but never my voice. Several people later I ended up telling the GM of the dealership that if I had to pay I was going to make it my business ... one of my life's purposes ... to see how many cars people I could convince to buy somewhere else. I know of at least one BMW that cost them and possibly a few others. It wasn't the $17. It was purely the principle.
We think a lot alike. It's usually not about the money but as you say, principle. And I do just like you say. I will get online and tell every possible forum my story and tell every person I know my story.

I run a business and we "eat" a lot of stuff for this very reason. My company still goes by the old rule that the customer is always right (well most of the time). And we will do just about whatever it takes to make a custoemr happy even it it's giving something away. A $17 charge probably cost them thousands in the long run. And so many companies wonder why they are going broke.

And someone earlier on in this post said something like "it's only $90 and he would spend that just pulling into the parking lot". That's a big problem with the world today, too many people just accept bad service and don't want to do anything about it. Or maybe they just don't know what good service is supposed to be. Either way it's a bad way to look at things.

And for the orignal poster, I would complain, complain and complain some more. And make sure you list that dealer on this forum under "bad dealer experiences" section.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:48 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

Customer Service is non-existent for the most part...
I disagree. That may be true at the dealership where you visit but I've been to many Harley dealerships where I have been given outstanding customer service.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Ultra110
Road Captain

I understand
----------

Attached Thumbnails Now I know why they call them Stealers...-shortbus.jpg  
Old 04-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Pop Pop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand
At least they are smart enough to know how to vote.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Ultra110
Road Captain
Talking

Originally Posted by Pop Pop
At least they are smart enough to know how to vote.
Now that's funny...true but funny

Quick Reply: Now I know why they call them Stealers...