General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's Corporate Tax Rate

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 05:29 PM
cdale976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default american pie

Originally Posted by carlo
When will the Politicians and Lawmakers, Elected officials. Smarten The F**K up. Maybe they want U.S. jobs to go South and West to Commumist China. How come they don't take a cut in pay or have give backs. Or realy look to cut spending. "Harley Davidson is American as Apple Pie."

+1 and so instead of standing by watchin,write a note to this ******* in wisconsin and tell everyone you know who might care.
If Harley-Davidson is as American as apple pie (and i agree 100%) then it's time americans started speaking.... so post the aholes address or email address to all of us and just maybe he'll make the political news report in a negative way...........

Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,854 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I realize the tax H-D will have to pay was levied by the gov't. but the other shoe to fall could quite possibly be what somebody already mentioned. The new CEO of H-D came from JCI. They are known for sending work across the border. Was this just shear coincidence that the company picked/hired on this new CEO?

Old 04-17-2009, 07:29 PM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carlo
When will the Politicians and Lawmakers, Elected officials. Smarten The F**K up. Maybe they want U.S. jobs to go South and West to Commumist China. How come they don't take a cut in pay or have give backs. Or realy look to cut spending. "Harley Davidson is American as Apple Pie."
Because idiots like the one in Wisconsin and the one we have in the White House now derive their sense of power from taking from the people through taxes and giving it back to them in entitlements. Makes folks dependent on them and thus makes them more powerful.

Take a look at Stalin's story about the chicken. He plucked the chicken clean, then put him down. The chicken then followed him around because he was naked and vulnerable. That's the way Deathocrats want us. Naked and dependent upon them.

Bill

Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes to all the above. Good posts.
Funny thing, the unions support one party, who supports higher taxes that runs companies out of states to the south. Or farther - out of the country. So their jobs are lost.
I dont get it.
Personally I think it would be GREAT if Halrley moved to Texas

Old 04-17-2009, 07:37 PM
CarrollB
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Angry

It was interesting that the only news station to cover the recent tax tea party was FOX. The rest of the liberal news networks are all in the back pocket of the demo-rats. Anyone who thinks you can tax business and not have the working man who buys their products not pay the increased taxes needs to be on bi-polar meds.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:41 PM
wolfshead1
Tourer

Face it Harley don't pay those taxes.WE pay them.We also want schools,roads and clean water and less crime.We put the gov't in there,we let them get the way they are.

I think we should just hire politicians from China and Mexico,they will work harder for less and we will get more business.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:14 PM
NOLAMike
Road Master

Originally Posted by CarrollB
It was interesting that the only news station to cover the recent tax tea party was FOX. The rest of the liberal news networks are all in the back pocket of the demo-rats. Anyone who thinks you can tax business and not have the working man who buys their products not pay the increased taxes needs to be on bi-polar meds.

I totally agree on that last part about taxes and the working man. The same could be said about my own personal pet peeve--lawsuits. But, I'm calling bullsh!t on the comment that only FOX covered the tea parties. Coverage of the tea parties was all over the TV, radio, newspapers and web. See CNN website http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...y/tea-parties/ if you don't believe me.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:43 PM
JSU77
Road Captain

Briggs & Stratton moved here a few years ago from Milwaukee and are thriving. The employee parking lot is packed six day a week. They can't make enough engines. BF Goodrich just announced that they are closing the tire plant here that was built in 1963. 1,000 jobs lost. They have a strong union. Wonder if there is a connection.

The corporate tax rate in Alabama is 6.5%.

Last edited by JSU77; 04-18-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfshead1
I think we should just hire politicians from China and Mexico,they will work harder for less and we will get more business.
Ya cause the one from Kenya is costing us dealer

Old 04-18-2009, 05:23 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackRob
Harley is not the ones paying the tax, every working man who buys a bike a bike this year is. If people saw raising corporate income tax for what it really is, a tax on the working class, politicians like this would be voted out of office.
I would think that more people would understand that.