General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Harley Joe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok marinepilot81, I'm out. You have broken my male bovine fecal matter detector. But that's OK. It's been broken before...

Old 04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Unless I have my facts wrong, it's the Cops who:
1. write speeding tickets
2. tell me I can't pass on the median or split traffic
3. hassle me about my loud pipes
4. enforce helmet laws
5. speed and run lights "in the line of duty"

Oh! They also enforce the laws that stop me from carrying. Nothing worse than a hypocrite who carries a gun for protection and then tells me I can't do the same.

Nah, they don't deserve a discount.
Sounds to me like you are your own worst enemy ... NOT the cops.

Let's not forget THEY don't make the laws ... They just enforce them.

Given that you are a Marine, you of all people should understand the fundamentals of a chain of command...Yet, you fault all LEO's for laws that you find distasteful because it seems rather obvious you have a problem with figures of authority.

No question, there are good LEO's and there a bad LEO's ... some LEO's shouldn't be LEO's at all...Given the hostility in your posts, I'm beginning to think the same standard has been set for Marines.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 04-15-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:25 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds to me like you are your own worst enemy ... NOT the cops.

Let's not forget THEY don't make the laws ... They just enforce them.
1. So carrying a firearm, liking horsepower, bypassing traffic, feeling wind on my face, and loud pipes = the enemy? Interesting.

2. I wonder...how well has the "we were just following orders" line worked throughout history? Nah, Cops shouldn't be held responsible for enforcement. They're "doing what they're told".

Old 04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1. So carrying a firearm, liking horsepower, bypassing traffic, feeling wind on my face, and loud pipes = the enemy? Interesting.

2. I wonder...how well has the "we were just following orders" line worked throughout history? Nah, Cops shouldn't be held responsible for enforcement. They're "doing what they're told".
Umm, not exactly.
Try this: Your attitude and inate desire to swim against the current no matter what = the enemy

Cops are held responsible for enforcement. They have rules and protocol to follow. If they screw up, they pay the consequences.

Liking horsepower...is something I think is safe to say ... WE ALL DO HERE>>> In case you didn't know...this is a Harley Davidson forum....Doesn't mean you have any right to push 'er to the pin when ever or where YOU feel the need. Let's not forget there are other's out there on the hwys too.

If you insist on raising the bar on the thrillometer ... and create a hazard on a public hwy ... you're not gonna like the outcome.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 04-15-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Unfortunately for you, I am a Marine pilot. Now, Marines have a code we follow; We follow orders AS LONG AS THEY ARE LEGAL AND MORALLY SOUND. If policemen said "Well, that doesn't sound right. We're not supposed to disarm our citizens and prey upon them as they drive, are we?" I'd like them.

They don't, though. They say "Orders are orders no hand over that pistol and take off those loud pipes." Shame on them. No discount for people who prey upon their own and enable liberty-stealing public officials.
LEO's are sworn to obey the Constitution as well. Sadly, some do not, as during the Katrina disaster: no citizen should have been disarmed simply because of "policy".

Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately for you, I am a Marine pilot. Now, Marines have a code we follow; We follow orders AS LONG AS THEY ARE LEGAL AND MORALLY SOUND. If policemen said "Well, that doesn't sound right. We're not supposed to disarm our citizens and prey upon them as they drive, are we?" I'd like them.

They don't, though. They say "Orders are orders no hand over that pistol and take off those loud pipes." Shame on them. No discount for people who prey upon their own and enable liberty-stealing public officials.
I think you'd be surprised how many discretionary decisions are made each day by police officers. I rarely see a Harley w/ legal pipes but have yet to meet anyone who has gotten a ticket for it. Same thing w/alot of other violations.

I think in general those tickets are reserved for those who "earn" them. Certainly some ***** cops around my parts, mostly young and inexperienced ones and mostly in small money grubbing towns.

I know of at least one case where a cop exercised discretion when it comes to firearms. When I was young and stupid my car was stolen from my yard. I ran out of the house with a 22 rifle as the guy was trying to drive way. Apparently he wasn't used to a 4 speed. I popped several rounds into the car before he was able to drive off. Could've killed the guy. Cop shows up and I tell him the story. He asked where the gun was. I tell him it's in the woods. He told me to get it and take it home. No more questions. End of story. Nothing in the report about it. Good cop, right? Same cop wrote me a ticket for speeding a couple months later. Bad cop, right?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Ummm, I forgot what the original topic of this thread was.....

Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 10ring
Ummm, I forgot what the original topic of this thread was.....
Apparently so did Redsheriff. That $#%@!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:50 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for repeating what I just said.
Originally Posted by 10ring
Also, the U.S.S.R, like so many other communists states, simply placed the word "republic" in their offical name..as opposed to actually forming this type of government.
The United States, while not placing either the word "republic" or "democratic/democracy" in our name, did, however, form a Republican type of government.
I assume most know the (former)USSR and the US do not (or at least didn't at conception) have even similar forms of government.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:52 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not care what you have to say, I absolutely care what I have to say.
Originally Posted by bfrmbama
For someone that has an avatar that says what yours says, you sure do like to hear yourself talk....

Quick Reply: Discount for Police