General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlb
I can see how Nietzsche had people such as yourself in mind when he wrote.
Nietzsche, The Gay Science, 1882: "God is dead."
God, 1900: "Nietzsche is dead."

Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Follow me for a second, The USSR was a republic, we are a republic, the two forms of government are clearly different. Therefore, you have to define the type of republic we have. I know it is little beyond the simple written words, but think about it for a second.
Your only argument against Nietzsche is he is gay or dead? He is dead but he was not gay. Again, read beyond the surface of what he said to understand what he meant when he said "God is Dead and We Killed Him" does not mean he is dead as in their is not a god, rather science has caused people to advance to a point where god can no longer be the answer for everything.

Originally Posted by 10ring
U.S Constitution
Article IV, Section 4: "The United States shall quarantee to every state in this union a Republican Form of Government."

Written by,you know, those guys.....

Old 04-15-2009, 04:34 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain

any discounts for auto mechanics
dont understand why police think they should be discounted . ????

JR

Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, to call Nietzsche "Gay" is a logical fallacy. I can explain what that term means too.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tlb
Follow me for a second, The USSR was a republic, we are a republic, the two forms of government are clearly different. Therefore, you have to define the type of republic we have. I know it is little beyond the simple written words, but think about it for a second.
Your only argument against Nietzsche is he is gay or dead? He is dead but he was not gay. Again, read beyond the surface of what he said to understand what he meant when he said "God is Dead and We Killed Him" does not mean he is dead as in their is not a god, rather science has caused people to advance to a point where god can no longer be the answer for everything.
Representative Republic

Never said N. was gay....that is the title of the work. Perhaps one can read from his body of works in order to ascertain his beliefs.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Harley Joe
Road Captain

I hope marinepilot81 is not "really" a pilot for the USMC. I'd hope they choose people of higher regard for civility and the principles that founded this country (including laws and their enforcement). Somolia has no laws and look at the fun all those folks are having.

Could it be that marinepilot81 wants to be a cop - but can't pass the endless tests and now is bitter?

There ain't never been but one perfect policeman in this whole world - and he retired.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cardoctor
any discounts for auto mechanics
dont understand why police think they should be discounted . ????

JR
I know some mechanics that get discounts. I get them to get parts for me. (At their discount). Don't know that police think they should get discounts but I would imagine like most of us if a business offers them they are happy to get them.

Just like they offer discounts to other groups. Like senior citizens and military. Saw a soldier get a discount at my local auto parts store just the other day. It's store policy and yes, he did ask if the policy still existed. BFD if I or you don't get one. It's the store's perogative to give a discount to whoever they want.

And if this thread had been opened by a senior citizen or military person asking if any HD dealers offered discounts we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Say it ain't so.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:55 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Also, the U.S.S.R, like so many other communists states, simply placed the word "republic" in their offical name..as opposed to actually forming this type of government.
The United States, while not placing either the word "republic" or "democratic/democracy" in our name, did, however, form a Republican type of government.
I assume most know the (former)USSR and the US do not (or at least didn't at conception) have even similar forms of government.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I hope marinepilot81 is not "really" a pilot for the USMC. I'd hope they choose people of higher regard for civility and the principles that founded this country
Unfortunately for you, I am a Marine pilot. Now, Marines have a code we follow; We follow orders AS LONG AS THEY ARE LEGAL AND MORALLY SOUND. If policemen said "Well, that doesn't sound right. We're not supposed to disarm our citizens and prey upon them as they drive, are we?" I'd like them.

They don't, though. They say "Orders are orders no hand over that pistol and take off those loud pipes." Shame on them. No discount for people who prey upon their own and enable liberty-stealing public officials.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:03 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
I do not need lots of friends to, quantify my existence. But, at least my friends are capable of more than just a few grunts.
I can see how Nietzsche had people such as yourself in mind when he wrote. Just go and be part of the herd. Do you have that same blank look on your face that cows in feedlots do?
For someone that has an avatar that says what yours says, you sure do like to hear yourself talk....

Quick Reply: Discount for Police