Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:44 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlb
Never mind, it is a little over your head.

With reasoning like that, I should think you win many debates.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:45 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
I do not believe you understand democracy at all, or the foundation of our nation.
Last I checked, we're a republic, not a democracy...

Old 04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Nope. Cops enforce these laws and that's just as bad as legislating them.

My family calls on John Moses Browning. The Cops are too far away.

When a Cop stops me and says "Hey man, love the pipes!" or "That's a fine looking pistol!"....then I'll say they deserve a discount.

Hey! I even argued the point "loud pipes save lives" to a friend of mine when he bought a bike. He finally opened it up some.
I do comment on peoples handguns/shoulder arms. I usually start by making sure they have fresh ammo in them. Then, if asked, I will go into proper grip/stance/sight alignment/breathing/trigger control/follow through for them. And on several occasions I have met with people in order to help them with some live-fire work.
I'm glad you rely on JMB instead of 911. I'd rather take a report from a safe not-a-victim than try to get information about a dead but-I dialed-911'er. Which JMB product do you prefer?

Old 04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh Goodie, another cop bashing/cop defending thread. How refreshingly predictable.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:31 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Oh Goodie, another cop bashing/cop defending thread. How refreshingly predictable.

LOL!! C'mon, I'm sure this one will be different!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Nope. Cops enforce these laws and that's just as bad as legislating them.
Gotta disagree on this one. Your elected officials pass laws, supposedly based on the "greater good" as it relates to society in general. Just because you or I might disagree with a law (helmet law is a good example in my case) doesn't mean we can ignore it.

Society, through it's lawmakers, says it shall be law. Police are sworn to uphold said law. If every cop chose to enforce only the laws he/she agreed with they'd all be fired in short order.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Original Poster-Just due to the fact alone that you had the nerve to ask if LEO got a discount you don't deserve to wear the badge. it's people like you that help give the profession a bad name. Like others said, YOU choose the job, it didn't chose you. You ARE NOT SPECIAL just because you are a cop and you don't deserve special treatment. If you think you do, then you are a rouge cop and I am sure your chief is very proud of you.

And I say this being a Retired Police Officer myself!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jimmers1817

Old 04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The professional standards and ethics board here (Oregon) would have a hayday with this. I dont see why any LEO/FF would even think they are entitled to a discount personally. No disrespect to either profession intended.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Pig
Original Poster-Just due to the fact alone that you had the nerve to ask if LEO got a discount you don't deserve to wear the badge. it's people like you that help give the profession a bad name. Like others said, YOU choose the job, it didn't chose you. You ARE NOT SPECIAL just because you are a cop and you don't deserve special treatment. If you think you do, then you are a rouge cop and I am sure your chief is very proud of you.

And I say this being a Retired Police Officer myself!
Bet when you get pulled over for a traffic violation you think you're special don't you? Bet you never wrote yourself a ticket for speeding, did you. But you want to throw stones at someone else for asking a question.

Alot of people in this society get discounts. Military, Police, Fireman, Senior Citizens, etc.. It's not about being special, it's about certain businesses (HD) and individuals wanting to acknowledge their service. I do it myself at various times throughout the year.

Quick Reply: Discount for Police