Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:25 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 352 Posts

Most agencies these days have strict policies regarding "discounts". Generally, it is understood to mean meals and drinks, but can be applied to other things. Concerning special pricing on POSE models (which I have taken advantage of)... I never asked for a discount and, as far as I know, the price is, or was, set by HD corporate. Should I have asked if I could please give them an additional $2,000.00?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Called2Duty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Unless I have my facts wrong, it's the Cops who:
1. write speeding tickets
2. tell me I can't pass on the median or split traffic
3. hassle me about my loud pipes
4. enforce helmet laws
5. speed and run lights "in the line of duty"

Oh! They also enforce the laws that stop me from carrying. Nothing worse than a hypocrite who carries a gun for protection and then tells me I can't do the same.

Nah, they don't deserve a discount.
My brother retired after 20 years USMC,,guess what he does now? Call 911 in our County maybe he can help you. "Marine Pilot" you should read BKsmokey's little list above, kind of puts my job in perspective to those who we/I, serve (you) and never understand or appreciate our job. a couple years ago a buddy Of mine responded to his own sons fatal crash un-knowing to him at arrival time and kept it together. you try that!!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:43 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sqwkvfr
I'm gonna apologize in advance for making a negative comment on my first post, but I've gotta chime in here.

What you've said above is complete bullchit.

There can be no freedom without justice, and without laws and law enforcement, there can be no justice.

Think about it....or "ask Hamilton, Jefferson, and some of those guys."

i like this guy already!

citizens of this and every country are like children. they need structure and rules or they will not survive 1 year. if you were allowed to do as you please all the time, you bet your **** you'd be stepping on someone toes. somone has to guide humanity in the right direction or crime would run rampent...

Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Called2Duty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And further All the local Gas stations try and give us free pops just to hang around for security of their premises so their not constantly getting robbed, I wont even accept those, why should I get a free drink if you dont, Its my job!, I do it proudly! and with professionalism and dont ask for anything in return!!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:06 PM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shimmon

citizens of this and every country are like children...
Oh, Lord! Did you really just say that?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like this guy already!

citizens of this and every country are like children.
with that statement i gather you think that you and police are grownup?
and to think i was going to stay out of this post

Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Never mind, it is a little over your head.
Originally Posted by 10ring
Ummm...just how did I prove what point?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:30 PM
msankey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like this guy already!

citizens of this and every country are like children. they need structure and rules or they will not survive 1 year. if you were allowed to do as you please all the time, you bet your **** you'd be stepping on someone toes. somone has to guide humanity in the right direction or crime would run rampent...
Are you a law enforcement officer? If so, you shouldn't be with that statement.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not think either one of you guys have understood what I said. I do not believe you understand democracy at all, or the foundation of our nation. The reason for law enforcement. Lastly the way society interacts with government. As a point you can not have democracy without liberty, you cannot have liberty without some type of law enforcement to protect the rights of others, all of them are interdependent. To put this on a first grade level for you: Citizens of our nation regard liberty(rights) as a fundamental part of who they are. You as a police officer can only benefit from understanding how the other side is looking at you. When you fail to make the connection, you have failed to preform your duty. Thus, you consider everything as a us against you issue. I am not against you, I am not anti-police, I am anti-police state, that being said, most view cops as part of a police state, it is your job to show the opposite. As I said before by arguing the point proves you are unable to understand complex thought. Again, thank you for proving my point.

Originally Posted by sqwkvfr
I'm gonna apologize in advance for making a negative comment on my first post, but I've gotta chime in here.

What you've said above is complete bullchit.

There can be no freedom without justice, and without laws and law enforcement, there can be no justice.

Think about it....or "ask Hamilton, Jefferson, and some of those guys."

Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Last time I checked it's your legislature that drafts and passes those laws, not the police. The police just get the always criticized role of enforcement. Discount talk aside, your disgruntled attitude is misdirected.
Nope. Cops enforce these laws and that's just as bad as legislating them.

They are also the one's your wife, daughter, or mother can call, when you are not available, if they hear a noise in the basement in the middle of the night.
My family calls on John Moses Browning. The Cops are too far away.

When a Cop stops me and says "Hey man, love the pipes!" or "That's a fine looking pistol!"....then I'll say they deserve a discount.

Quick Reply: Discount for Police