General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:25 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got off the phone with customer service at Harley Davidson. After being put on hold and checking with the proper department.

Harley Davidson "does not" offer the discount program. Any discounts made are by the dealer.

Between my trade in and others things worked into my deal, I am happy!

Good luck to those making good deals in the future.

So I am just saying what I believe to be the truth. Would Harley lie to the cops??????? LOL

Old 04-15-2009, 08:27 AM
DaltonHD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw a Rk police new on the showroom floor 16K (I believe) with a sign stating that a badge need to purchase.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not all cops are bad nor are they all good. They do preform a service the same as any other public servant. I understand how you believe you are protecting the public. However, laws limit liberty, and liberty is democracy in our nation, thus, cops limit democracy. Laws are dangerous in a nation founded on liberty. It is not my idea, just ask Hamilton, Jefferson, and some of those guys.
If you are a tool for limiting democracy you are as guilty as the system. Nevertheless, I thank you for doing your job, but to do your job better try and step out of your box and understand why average citizens dislike you. Cops are a dichotomy in our system.

Originally Posted by Samber79
Last time I checked it's your legislature that drafts and passes those laws, not the police. The police just get the always criticized role of enforcement. Discount talk aside, your disgruntled attitude is misdirected.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

To buy a "new" Special Edition police,fire or shriner you need proper ID.

If a new one is setting on the floor it sounds like someone back out of there order.

Anyone can buy a "used" Special.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 707 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
Not all cops are bad nor are they all good. They do preform a service the same as any other public servant. I understand how you believe you are protecting the public. However, laws limit liberty, and liberty is democracy in our nation, thus, cops limit democracy. Laws are dangerous in a nation founded on liberty. It is not my idea, just ask Hamilton, Jefferson, and some of those guys.
If you are a tool for limiting democracy you are as guilty as the system. Nevertheless, I thank you for doing your job, but to do your job better try and step out of your box and understand why average citizens dislike you. Cops are a dichotomy in our system.
We probably all understand that. It's frustrating nonetheless.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

I would agree, and thank you for doing a difficult job. Having read many of your posts, I really do think you understand it. I do not believe most cops understand it, nor do the public understand how the dichotomy effects them. The ones who jump around defending their profession, regardless of situation, are the ones who are not doing the job for the same reasons you are.

Originally Posted by stro1965
We probably all understand that. It's frustrating nonetheless.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 AM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlb

We don't merely believe we are protecting the public: we ARE protecting the public. "Liberty is democracy" is a false statement, therefore your conclusion is also false. What laws limit is someone interfering with your liberties. "Just ask those guys" : those guys are the very ones who established our framework of laws. Also, the "average citizen" that I encounter doesn't seem to dislike me, as I'm usually helping them. The criminal, who would much prefer to prey upon the weak in a society devoid of restraints which prevent one citizen from abusing another(anarchy, which only sounds oh, so cool) is the one who dislikes me. Well.
By the way, Foreman H-D in Stillwater, Oklahoma gives a 20% discount on all parts and accessories to LE.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bergan Harley Davidson in Bergan county NJ gives i think 15% off to active duty Law enforcement.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

It is not my conclusion, but thank you for proving my point.

Originally Posted by 10ring
We don't merely believe we are protecting the public: we ARE protecting the public. "Liberty is democracy" is a false statement, therefore your conclusion is also false. What laws limit is someone interfering with your liberties. "Just ask those guys" : those guys are the very ones who established our framework of laws. Also, the "average citizen" that I encounter doesn't seem to dislike me, as I'm usually helping them. The criminal, who would much prefer to prey upon the weak in a society devoid of restraints which prevent one citizen from abusing another(anarchy, which only sounds oh, so cool) is the one who dislikes me. Well.
By the way, Foreman H-D in Stillwater, Oklahoma gives a 20% discount on all parts and accessories to LE.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allow me to add: I hate "Barney Fife", hall- monitor type cops, who are a blight on society. I try not to be around them and I applaud when they lose thier badges. I have helped bring some of their careers to an end. I am a "peace officer". I don't concern myself so much with the letter of the law, as with the spirit of the law. I won't tag one for a loud pipe, unless that loud pipe is racing around in an "all settled in for sleep" campground at 2:00AM just to be bad-*** (in ones own mind). If that same pipe cuts loose away from a four-way stop, I may simply be impressed.
I also believe in the 2nd ammendment: again, spirit of the Constitution as opposed to the letter of the law. I do serve the people in my community: I live with them. I'm not perfect but I'm no Barney, either.
Thankfully, I serve in a jurisdiction where the top-boss isn't a political hack who serves up the "party-line" as a lap dog of some city council with it's own citizen-abusing agenda.

Quick Reply: Discount for Police